Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

FRANK GORE HAD DYSLEXIA. A CERTIFIED LEARNING DISABILITY.

When are people going to stop throwing "Frank Gore" around, as if that is some sort of rationale for admitting players who have low grades and/or test scores? There was a reason Frank Gore struggled in school, and UM assisted him in overcoming his LD.
He's not the only one. We had a basketball player in the late '80's from one of the Catholic schools in D.C. Talked to his HS coach before a Georgetown-UM basketball game (1989). The HS coach told me UM special program for kids with learning disabilities. Can't remember the name of the player.

Advertisement
Would love to get him and have him do an academic redshirt so he can fully transition to guard on the oline. Hope he still is in the plans. Talented kid

Advertisement
Would love to see him enroll in a prep school or JUCO and try and come in with the 21 class.

Prep school is usually for guys who need the academic work, but have the SAT score (or are **** close). JuCo is for hardcore problems and guys who will never improve their SAT scores, because you no longer need an SAT score if you have an AA degree.

Prep school is usually for guys who need the academic work, but have the SAT score (or are **** close). JuCo is for hardcore problems and guys who will never improve their SAT scores, because you no longer need an SAT score if you have an AA degree.

If I recall Ivins said it was both Grades and test score. So probably JUCO best route. Either way hope he ends up a Cane.

Miami has done well getting kids admitted for the past eight years or so.

If Moise gets in and plays OL, it is huge boost to a group that needs it.

If he does get in would he have to redshirt academically like Huff/Williams this year ?

Advertisement
I know I'm going to catch flack for this and it isn't directed at Moise because I know he isn't the first to have this problem and won't be the last, but the minimum requirement to pass the clearing house is a 2.0 in the 4 core course areas SAT/ACT scores are on a sliding scale based on this GPA that is asking a kid to have a C average...

If you're a HS athlete who aspires to receive a scholarship for any college sport and can't maintain a C average with only a high school academic work load and workout schedule, how do they expect to manage a college class load and a way busier athletic schedule.

They major in tv , pe things like that
The top guys “manage”

Lol. Yeah he’ll definitely have to work til May, but she says he’s a sweet kid and definitely focused on getting his scores and grades tight... so my guess is that he’ll be ready by the summer.

How is Will Moise coming along academically. Do you think he will take advantage of the new directive from the FL DOE giving students the ability to voluntarily repeat their current school year.

This will allow a lot of 2020 kids who didn't qualify or get the D1 offers they wanted to take another bite at the apple.

Go Canes

Advertisement
How is Will Moise coming along academically. Do you think he will take advantage of the new directive from the FL DOE giving students the ability to voluntarily repeat their current school year.

This will allow a lot of 2020 kids who didn't qualify or get the D1 offers they wanted to take another bite at the apple.

Go Canes
He took the SAT last week. I hope for his sake he did well on it, because there’s no other shot. As far as the link you posted, yes it helps for students to get another shot at graduation, but it’s doesn’t do anything for their clearinghouse status and getting into college. So Willie is just waiting on his test scores at this point.

He took the SAT last week. I hope for his sake he did well on it, because there’s no other shot. As far as the link you posted, yes it helps for students to get another shot at graduation, but it’s doesn’t do anything for their clearinghouse status and getting into college. So Willie is just waiting on his test scores at this point.

Thanks for the info, hopefully the young man scores in the range needed.

As for the clearinghouse If a recruit signs a NLI but doesn't graduate that NLI is voided. Also the recruits eligibility clock doesn't start until they graduate high school. So since the student is not graduating their clock doesn't start.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, hopefully the young man scores in the range needed.

As for the clearinghouse If a recruit signs a NLI but doesn't graduate that NLI is voided. Also the recruits eligibility clock doesn't start until they graduate high school. So since the student is not graduating their clock doesn't start.

Go Canes
Guys looks like Willie may be good to go!

Advertisement
Back in the day they started the SAT in the late 70's around 76-77 , I was told take your SAT every single time it's given don't miss any of them and with your preparation each time it will go up , they didn't have any study classes back then yet in first year know one knew what to study for yet .

I graduated in 1976 and we were doing practice testing that didn't count the state was looking for what grade scoring averages would be so I kind of think my score was around 800-850 , didn't have chance to retake it do to graduation.

How would this score be keep in mind 45 years ago they didn't know what they were testing for yet.

Advertisement
Back