Will New York City become our Italy?

JD08

Evidence based and data driven

Pelican45

Freshman
I didn't vote for Trump. I sat out that election as both candidates were unpalatable to me. That was the first presidential election since 1968 that I didn't vote. I never paid much attention to Trump as I consider him a clown. I never expected him to win. After his election, I still paid very little attention. I heard about TDS, but I just laughed it off. Now I realize it is a real thing. TDS runs strong with some people.

Also, just for the record, I have never registered for either party. I was always "no party preference" until 2010 when I registered as Libertarian.

JD08

I didn't vote for Trump. I sat out that election as both candidates were unpalatable to me. That was the first presidential election since 1968 that I didn't vote. I never paid much attention to Trump as I consider him a clown. I never expected him to win. After his election, I still paid very little attention. I heard about TDS, but I just laughed it off. Now I realize it is a real thing. TDS runs strong with some people.

Also, just for the record, I have never registered for either party. I was always "no party preference" until 2010 when I registered as Libertarian.
Unless you go full anti-Trump, they'll call you a right winger.

There's no room for pragmatism in some people's eyes.

I don't like Trump. Didn't vote for him. Won't vote for him this time. And I still think the media is proving his point with their incredibly hysterical biased coverage of Covid19. Anybody who says "slow down and take a breath" is being ostracized and marginalized. It's disgraceful.
It’s the entire fucking media. CNN, MSNBC, FOX, local news, every fūcking member of the media.

CaneOil

Junior
I don't like Trump. Didn't vote for him. Won't vote for him this time. And I still think the media is proving his point with their incredibly hysterical biased coverage of Covid19. Anybody who says "slow down and take a breath" is being ostracized and marginalized. It's disgraceful.
Agreed! So you will vote for Brain dead Biden? LMAO

ThomasM

Senior
If Americans made the Crap, it would be more expensive.
And no one would by it..
You are spouting the same BS Wal Mart execs spout. They are doing Americans a favor by providing them with affordable crap. Bull crap. They are lining their pockets with huge profits, period.

Let me ask you. How the living hell did Americans survive before we got all this cheap crap from China? We did, you know? Maybe we need to go back and look at that model.

JD08

You are spouting the same BS Wal Mart execs spout. They are doing Americans a favor by providing them with affordable crap. Bull crap. They are lining their pockets with huge profits, period.

Let me ask you. How the living hell did Americans survive before we got all this cheap crap from China? We did, you know? Maybe we need to go back and look at that model.
Actually, before Walmart became Chinamart, they used to advertise that all of their products were made in the USA. Sam Walton died in 1992. I don't remember exactly when they changed over.

3GC

Recruit

We had non partisan politics when it came economics.
It would take decades to reindustrialize with modern factories.
We graduate 20 lawyers or more to every engineer.
Apple wanted to originally make the iPhone in U.S. Wasn't to be, not enough engineers with strong computer backrounds.
In the 1970's America made the decision to abandon aging factories and pricey labor costs by moving offshore. Negligible Union presence in the Pacific rim.
Reasoning,, if we control the American market, we minimize exposure to having to, again, rebuild aging factories.
Is it any wonder the midwest is referred to as the 'Rust Belt'.
Oh, I'm not an executive for Walmart.
We will never be an industrial power in our lifetimes.
The birds have come home to Roost..

ThomasM

Senior
We had non partisan politics when it came economics.
It would take decades to reindustrialize with modern factories.
We graduate 20 lawyers or more to every engineer.
Apple wanted to originally make the iPhone in U.S. Wasn't to be, not enough engineers with strong computer backrounds.
In the 1970's America made the decision to abandon aging factories and pricey labor costs by moving offshore. Negligible Union presence in the Pacific rim.
Reasoning,, if we control the American market, we minimize exposure to having to, again, rebuild aging factories.
Is it any wonder the midwest is referred to as the 'Rust Belt'.
Oh, I'm not an executive for Walmart.
We will never be an industrial power in our lifetimes.
The birds have come home to Roost..
Those birds are vultures, and they have come to do more than roost.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GC