Wide Right Podcast: King returns, Listen & Learn

How biased are those podcasts?

And by that I mean are they hours of my time hearing about dogs like D$ after a Greentree workout and macho after lemon pepper wings??

Just so I can set aside the right outfit and frame of mind...

Advertisement
This podcast is run by Manny Navarro, the fat *** reporter who used to work for the Miami Herald for decades.

So, let me get this straight: Manny Navarro has never played a down of football and you are telling me that Manny knows more that The Holsum 1 Holiday (i.e “The McDonald’s worker)? The Holsum 1 actually played college level football and currently coaching at a D2 college. Plus he is from Miami-Dade county, grew up playing football in Miami-Dede county and knows everyone— he has TRUE inside information because he is **** near distant relative with everyone on our team (I’m exaggerating a bit, but it’s kinda true).

Manny is a great news reporter (and I listen to his podcast EVERY week), it is “insightful” from a news reporter, but he doesn’t know **** about actual football. He NEVER PLAYED OR COACHED the game. He is just a fan with closer access to the team, than you or I, because he is a news reporter— but he does not know crap about the game of football, however he is a great NEWS reporter. And that’s all that he is!

Here are the Youtubers that REALLY played and it coached the game (both a from Miami-Dade county). ALL, ALL, ALL of these guys REALLY, REALLY know about the game of football... PERIOD:

1. The Holsum 1 Holiday (referenced above):

2. Coach Hayes Football (Coached at many Dade schools):

3. Footballville (“X” played QB at Pace high school):

4. NMD TV (Played cornerback in college):

5. RomanCane (Played WB at St. Thomas Aquinas)
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCrqig8OVBenUmS7brN5FkiA
Good post! What is painfully obvious and maddening about Manny’s analysis on his podcasts is the over reliance on PFF without any reference to the game film. He draws snap conclusions that are often incomplete, misleading or wrong because he doesn’t watch film or knows football. He never mentions common football analysis like coverages, schemes, fundamentals, or situational football. Manny is even worst regarding Cane’s recruiting and is such a negative Nancy thinking he’s the smartest person in the room because he uses metrics that mean nothing. Kelvin Harris is a homer but he knows football and has strong ties to the program. Kelvin is wasting his time with Manny. I have no idea why anyone would pay for anti-Cane content.

Since most of you have little positive to say about Navarro's podcast, I'll give you a brief summary of some conversations about the defensive staff This won't make you any happier:

Defensive plans are group effort.

- Baker not likely to lose his job
- Banda most likely to go
-Ed Reed looks out for Rumph .

On offense,

-Sounds like Jarrid Williams is also staying. OL room is FULL next cycle. Justice going to have some tough decisions. Scaife and Clark could be riding the pine...

Advertisement
This podcast is run by Manny Navarro, the fat *** reporter who used to work for the Miami Herald for decades.

So, let me get this straight: Manny Navarro has never played a down of football and you are telling me that Manny knows more that The Holsum 1 Holiday (i.e “The McDonald’s worker)? The Holsum 1 actually played college level football and currently coaching at a D2 college. Plus he is from Miami-Dade county, grew up playing football in Miami-Dede county and knows everyone— he has TRUE inside information because he is **** near distant relative with everyone on our team (I’m exaggerating a bit, but it’s kinda true).

Manny is a great news reporter (and I listen to his podcast EVERY week), it is “insightful” from a news reporter, but he doesn’t know **** about actual football. He NEVER PLAYED OR COACHED the game. He is just a fan with closer access to the team, than you or I, because he is a news reporter— but he does not know crap about the game of football, however he is a great NEWS reporter. And that’s all that he is!

Here are the Youtubers that REALLY played and it coached the game (both a from Miami-Dade county). ALL, ALL, ALL of these guys REALLY, REALLY know about the game of football... PERIOD:

1. The Holsum 1 Holiday (referenced above):

2. Coach Hayes Football (Coached at many Dade schools):

3. Footballville (“X” played QB at Pace high school):

4. NMD TV (Played cornerback in college):

5. RomanCane (Played WB at St. Thomas Aquinas)
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCrqig8OVBenUmS7brN5FkiA
So clearly the subtext was missed here and that’s my fault. I assumed that it was obvious thatI listen to the various podcasts, chats and what nots. The point was that we all have our “sources” or football knowledge, but we are fans - regardless of our occupations, who do not know what goes on inside the Miami Hurricanes program everyday save a few. That’s why I made the joke about Canesinsight, because you can get just as much info from this website than anybody out here in these doing shows.

**** I played 2 sports from 9 years old through high schooln I coached some youth ball, I could of easily played in college but technology seemed more promising to me. There’s Jordan $ and there’s Apple $, I chose tech. But that doesn’t mean ****take.

You‘re still referencing people who‘s organized football knowledge consist of high school, limited playing time at low level colleges or hearsay. Kelvin literally advises King and he did not know what he was going to do until he finalized his decision to return. He also stated in the show that we had several coaches out due to Covid-19 and many of out units were being coached by GAs for multiple games. So all this talk about firings is just baseless scuttlebutt at this time.

This is why you should listen, it’s very informative - but by all means have your own opinion. I can respect that.

It's not that serious. Clearly, I joked back. And, those Asian parlors are mostly closed right now, I'm told.
Not in Tampa Bay, some of these spots is like a scene from Rush Hour.
1609103455718.gif

Advertisement
One of those guys defended Enos to the very end, defended Baker after UNC, and predicted a 15-0 season this year saying we'd beat Clemson by double digits...the guy at McDonalds gives better takes.
He ain’t terrible but he keeps getting bigger phvckin with all that Mickey D’s.
I used to see him in a MIAMI hoodie, now all I see is a big ‘A’ and hear Bama slurp.
I get confused and think it’s a Bama chat. H1 need some prebiotics.

So clearly the subtext was missed here and that’s my fault. I assumed that it was obvious thatI listen to the various podcasts, chats and what nots. The point was that we all have our “sources” or football knowledge, but we are fans - regardless of our occupations, who do not know what goes on inside the Miami Hurricanes program everyday save a few. That’s why I made the joke about Canesinsight, because you can get just as much info from this website than anybody out here in these doing shows.

**** I played 2 sports from 9 years old through high schooln I coached some youth ball, I could of easily played in college but technology seemed more promising to me. There’s Jordan $ and there’s Apple $, I chose tech. But that doesn’t mean ****take.

You‘re still referencing people who‘s organized football knowledge consist of high school, limited playing time at low level colleges or hearsay. Kelvin literally advises King and he did not know what he was going to do until he finalized his decision to return. He also stated in the show that we had several coaches out due to Covid-19 and many of out units were being coached by GAs for multiple games. So all this talk about firings is just baseless scuttlebutt at this time.

This is why you should listen, it’s very informative - but by all means have your own opinion. I can respect that.
Kelvin played football beyond HS. That's his qualification. So have 10M other people. His opinions are no more valid than anyone's, and are usually less valid. He's a shill. He's the younger, less successful, Don Bailey Jr.

Since most of you have little positive to say about Navarro's podcast, I'll give you a brief summary of some conversations about the defensive staff This won't make you any happier:

On offense,

-Sounds like Jarrid Williams is also staying. OL room is FULL next cycle. Justice going to have some tough decisions. Scaife and Clark could be riding the pine...
I hope they're wrong, as usual. I'll ride with Cribby over those guys.

On offense,

Most if not all of these comments are from Kelvin Harris.

Advertisement

These are the people you should be listening to if you want real inside information. People that actually covered the Canes for years and/or actually won championships with the Canes and played in the NFL.
Please understand that the vast majority of Youtubers are just fans; so please don’t take information and opinions from welders, McDonald’s employees, weedheads, dope fiends, drunks, Publix workers, little league coaches, high school coaches, intramural football players, fake “woke” nickus, jock sniffers, bad agents, students or phvckin TROLLS as Gospel.
And most of these Dutch ovens get most of their mopey crap from canesinsight. 😂
Well to be fare Kurt Warner was bagging groceries before winning the Super Bowl.

Kelvin played football beyond HS. That's his qualification. So have 10M other people. His opinions are no more valid than anyone's, and are usually less valid. He's a shill. He's the younger, less successful, Don Bailey Jr.
No and 10 million other people haven’t won 3 ships with the Canes, played in multiple pro leagues, talks to players & coaches daily and advises King, Yes he is a homer like most former players but that’s in their blood. They believe UM will win every game, every year. I know a bunch old school Canes like that. But I agree, they are just opinions albeit more informed opinions than most.

I personally use the Bruce Lee (Li) T.R.A.P. method:
Take what’s useful.
Release what’s not.
Add what is essentially you.
Present it as art.

That’s the kind of stuff morons lap up. If a former player tells them their momma’s coochie is loose they’ll try to teach her kegels.

They have no independent ability to think so they rely on people they view as authority figures, no matter how stupid the alleged authority figure is, to tell them how to think.

**** it man your an ***** 9.5 out of 10 times, but I have to admit that was the funniest **** I have read all year, that is also truthful. Kudos to your sir on bringing the plight of CIS posters maternal Vaginal laxity to the forefront.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back