Wide Right Podcast: King returns, Listen & Learn

UMinati

Sovereign
Banned

These are the people you should be listening to if you want real inside information. People that actually covered the Canes for years and/or actually won championships with the Canes and played in the NFL.
Please understand that the vast majority of Youtubers are just fans; so please don’t take information and opinions from welders, McDonald’s employees, weedheads, dope fiends, drunks, Publix workers, little league coaches, high school coaches, intramural football players, fake “woke” nickus, jock sniffers, bad agents, students or phvckin TROLLS as Gospel.
And most of these Dutch ovens get most of their mopey crap from canesinsight. 😂

Advertisement
tumblr_lxlu7fNUPb1r4lib8o1_500_zpsfb27b4da.gif~c200.gif

Advertisement
I don't need a bunch of wannbe talking heads to tell me what I need to know. I'm perfectly capable of discerning info on my own.

Hope your post on the Canesinsight board you just bashed can get the podcast the views it apparently needs.
It’s a goddam joke man, I put a freakin lol emoji - you people need to visit your local Asain massage parlor and chillax. Geesh.

Advertisement
One of those guys defended Enos to the very end, defended Baker after UNC, and predicted a 15-0 season this year saying we'd beat Clemson by double digits...the guy at McDonalds gives better takes.
That’s the kind of stuff morons lap up. If a former player tells them their momma’s coochie is loose they’ll try to teach her kegels.

They have no independent ability to think so they rely on people they view as authority figures, no matter how stupid the alleged authority figure is, to tell them how to think.

Manny hates the program and is constantly reminding us we suck.
I read Manny and listen to his Wide Right podcast a decent amount and I have never gotten the impression that he hates the program and in fact believe the opposite. Does he point out issues sometimes? Sure, but it's usually valid concerns that he is pointing out in my opinion and if anything he is actually pretty reserved as he doesn't want to say anything too inflammatory and **** off the coaches (a problem in general with media/coach relations).

He doesn't have a hostile attitude like Omar Kelly did and I truly believe that Manny is a fan that wants the team to do well (which wanting is not part of his job) and is more positive than the majority of the posters on this board. Would you prefer the Don Baileys of the world that will always tell you everything is fine and great?

Last edited:
One of those guys defended Enos to the very end, defended Baker after UNC, and predicted a 15-0 season this year saying we'd beat Clemson by double digits...the guy at McDonalds gives better takes.
Yeah - that is Kelvin Harris (played at Miami in the late 80s/early 90s) who is way too much of a homer. It's odd b/c one minute he will have some technical insights about scheme and play that I find interesting and then the next minute he goes full blown homer talking about how Miami can beat Clemson easily. The episode after the UNC game was cringeworthy in his full blown defense of the coaches.

Manny's approach is much more even keeled and his other guests tend to be much more rooted in reality. I am not going to tell you this podcast is ground breaking or anything, but I personally find it interesting if I am in the car, out for a jog, etc

Advertisement
Yeah - that is Kelvin Harris (played at Miami in the late 80s/early 90s) who is way too much of a homer. It's odd b/c one minute he will have some technical insights about scheme and play that I find interesting and then the next minute he goes full blown homer talking about how Miami can beat Clemson easily. The episode after the UNC game was cringeworthy in his full blown defense of the coaches.

Manny's approach is much more even keeled and his other guests tend to be much more rooted in reality. I am not going to tell you this podcast is ground breaking or anything, but I personally find it interesting if I am in the car, out for a jog, etc

I try and listen to all the cane podcasts out there whenever I drive but the post UNC one I had to turn off cause of Harris.

We had some interaction on Twitter with him last year about Enos and the scheme and at the time I didn’t know he was a full blown homer, I just thought he went off the deep end. Hard to take serious anyone that was still defending Enos towards the end of last season.

I try and listen to all the cane podcasts out there whenever I drive but the post UNC one I had to turn off cause of Harris.

We had some interaction on Twitter with him last year about Enos and the scheme and at the time I didn’t know he was a full blown homer, I just thought he went off the deep end. Hard to take serious anyone that was still defending Enos towards the end of last season.
Yeah - I did the same. I couldn't get half way through that episode. It was clear that Manny and his producer especially were besides themselves at Kelvin refusing to give any blame to the coaches whether that be for scheme, preparation, recruiting, player development or just having the kids mentally prepared.

Manny is pretty responsive in the comments section of his Athletic articles and I made a comment about how painful that episode was and he defended Kelvin as passionate, but you could read between the lines. He also said that going forward he is looking to diversify the guests a bit more.

Advertisement

These are the people you should be listening to if you want real inside information. People that actually covered the Canes for years and/or actually won championships with the Canes and played in the NFL.
Please understand that the vast majority of Youtubers are just fans; so please don’t take information and opinions from welders, McDonald’s employees, weedheads, dope fiends, drunks, Publix workers, little league coaches, high school coaches, intramural football players, fake “woke” nickus, jock sniffers, bad agents, students or phvckin TROLLS as Gospel.
I take offense with "weedheads" and "dope fiends"....

This podcast is run by Manny Navarro, the fat *** reporter who used to work for the Miami Herald for decades.

So, let me get this straight: Manny Navarro has never played a down of football and you are telling me that Manny knows more that The Holsum 1 Holiday (i.e “The McDonald’s worker)? The Holsum 1 actually played college level football and currently coaching at a D2 college. Plus he is from Miami-Dade county, grew up playing football in Miami-Dede county and knows everyone— he has TRUE inside information because he is **** near distant relative with everyone on our team (I’m exaggerating a bit, but it’s kinda true).

Manny is a great news reporter (and I listen to his podcast EVERY week), it is “insightful” from a news reporter, but he doesn’t know **** about actual football. He NEVER PLAYED OR COACHED the game. He is just a fan with closer access to the team, than you or I, because he is a news reporter— but he does not know crap about the game of football, however he is a great NEWS reporter. And that’s all that he is!

Here are the Youtubers that REALLY played and it coached the game (both a from Miami-Dade county). ALL, ALL, ALL of these guys REALLY, REALLY know about the game of football... PERIOD:

1. The Holsum 1 Holiday (referenced above):

2. Coach Hayes Football (Coached at many Dade schools):

3. Footballville (“X” played QB at Pace high school):

4. NMD TV (Played cornerback in college):

5. RomanCane (Played WB at St. Thomas Aquinas)
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCrqig8OVBenUmS7brN5FkiA

Advertisement
Back