Why we lost the game and a couple other tidbits...

D

deleted1562

We lost this game because they had the ball last. Anyone that watched knew from the start that whoever had the ball last would win. That's how shootouts work.

Fact: Golden isn't perfect, but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and you should be glad about that because with our upcoming sanctions we're lucky to even have a coach. Stop with the doom and gloom garbage and grow a pair.
Fact: We aren't changing our defensive schemes because you couch DCs can pick a perfect defensive set for one play after the fact. Let our kids learn the system. They will get better.
Fact: We aren't the 2001 Canes. We are an extremely young, average team that lost (albeit in a heartbreaking fashion) to an average team while we were severely undermanned due to various reasons.
Fact: Curtis Porter is pretty good. Glad to have him back.
Fact: Duke Johnson will win a Heisman, maybe two.

It's Saturday night, so I'm going out, but you guys can have fun yelling at each other on the internet. #istandwiththeu #goldenjustgetsit

:stormwarning::stormwarning::stormwarning::stormwarning::stormwarning::stormwarning::stormwarning::stormwarning:

Advertisement
I call bull****. Offense had 2 chances to put the game away and couldnt do it.

Folden and Fishlips are terrible. Folden took three timeouts with him. Stop acting like in two yrs he has proven himself. What will you say if we go 7-5 next year. Plus we dont know what are sanctions will look like and what players will transfer out.

By giving up 41 points, UM's defense has now surrendered 312 points on the season -- just two shy of the previous UM worst set by the 1984 and 2008 defenses. The Canes have already given up 4,896 yards in all. The previous worst was 4,369 yards (1997).

The records for most yards allowed rushing (2,492, 1944) and passing (2,695, 2009) are well within reach with two games to go. The Canes have now given up 2,310 yards rushing and 2,586 passing after Saturday's loss.

By giving up 41 points, UM's defense has now surrendered 312 points on the season -- just two shy of the previous UM worst set by the 1984 and 2008 defenses. The Canes have already given up 4,896 yards in all. The previous worst was 4,369 yards (1997).

The records for most yards allowed rushing (2,492, 1944) and passing (2,695, 2009) are well within reach with two games to go. The Canes have now given up 2,310 yards rushing and 2,586 passing after Saturday's loss.

Crown this post. I will now drown myself in Glenlivet.

Advertisement
And for perspective 84' team was followed by a shot at NC in '85 when we lost to Tenn in Sugar bowl. It will be Golden's 3rd year next yr. and I will expect no less than a 9 win season. We are exactly where I expected this team to be now ( and if you listened to most of the experts they had us winning 4-6 games this year. All you have to do is look at the roster to figure that one out ).

Advertisement
Back