Why is this a political site now?

Pelican45

Freshman
One thing this forum has convinced me of: I will vote in Nov. 2020. Failing to detect any sign of sanity in the Dem party, I will vote for whatever brain dead clown the Reps run. It’s really down to that for me. It’s not the lesser of two evils. It’s much worse than that.

DC1986

Junior
Because we're dealing with cult members who believe the right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness are guaranteed to only white people and those of their choosing.
We have immigration laws and a immigration process to citizenship. If people chose not to follow our laws and process they don’t get to claim “racism“ to excuse their actions. You can achieve anything here you just have to get off your ass, quit making excuses, and EARN it. Nobody owes you anything!

crossover22[]_[]

[]_[] already know!
We have immigration laws and a immigration process to citizenship. If people chose not to follow our laws and process they don’t get to claim “racism“ to excuse their actions. You can achieve anything here you just have to get off your ass, quit making excuses, and EARN it. Nobody owes you anything!
Dats racist!!!!!! White man evil.

No_Fly_Zone

Sophomore
It started out well enough, but a small number of posters made everything about Trump.

Their hate is the reason we can't have nice things.
In fairness, a small number of posters have similarly made everything about the Dems.

To the extent we can't have nice things, their hate is also the reason we can't have nice things.

*To be clear, I don't count you among that small fraction (like, at all). Just trying to point out that there have been some unnecessary shots fired from both sides of the aisle. Like @For_The_U, though, I think the overwhelming majority of people have kept it civil and on point.

For_The_U

All ACC
In fairness, a small number of posters have similarly made everything about the Dems.

To the extent we can't have nice things, their hate is also the reason we can't have nice things.

*To be clear, I don't count you among that small fraction (like, at all). Just trying to point out that there have been some unnecessary shots fired from both sides of the aisle. Like @For_The_U, though, I think the overwhelming majority of people have kept it civil and on point.
100%. There has definitely been plenty of cannons fired from both sides.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven

I agree completely, especially once the relief bill got discussed.

423Hurricane

Recruit
Whatever the motivation, and I believe it was honorable, the owners of this site are to be commended for giving us a forum to discuss this critical issue with our Cane brothers.

The discussion has been informative, insightful, and lively and for the most part, all who have participated have been civil, considerate, and compassionate.

I’m thankful for this opportunity and hope it continues for as long as necessary.

brcane1

Sophomore
@brcane1, do you have something to say?

The many past and continued failures in the administration's response to this crisis make it fundamentally political. You can't discuss Covid without discussing the unnecessary deaths and suffering caused by Trump's short sightedness, indifference to experts, lying, and lack of empathy.

With that said, I post more relevant information from respected sources than almost anyone here, so I have no plans to stop calling out how far Trump supporters have their heads up his ass while I do it.

raincane

Freshman

The many past and continued failures in the administration's response to this crisis make it fundamentally political. You can't discuss Covid without discussing the unnecessary deaths and suffering caused by Trump's short sightedness, indifference to experts, lying, and lack of empathy.

With that said, I post more relevant information from respected sources than almost anyone here, so I have no plans to stop calling out how far Trump supporters have their heads up his ass while I do it.
Dude you are a shill. You have posted zero helpful information as far as combating this, or treatments in development, etc. You literally only post things about trump. It’s clear your goal isn’t getting info about this global pandemic. Your goal is 100% political.