why does Virginia Tech play in Miami again this year?

Caneadian

Sophomore
Maybe answered already somewhere, but I just noticed we get VT in Miami again this year. Thats 2 years in a row, any reason for that?

Advertisement
That's just the way things broke when re-doing the schedules with the additional teams joining the ACC this year.

A couple other teams had to do the same thing. I forget who though.

ok, sounds good to me. Cause my brother told me VT is in Miami this year, and I was like no, we always play @FSU AND @VT in odd number years. I'm ok with it. Looking forward to the year. Cant wait for the Florida game

Just the way they had to redo the schedule to accommodate Pitt and Syracuse. All teams play someone on the road for the second straight year. I.e. VT @ Miami & Miami @ Duke.

Advertisement
Miami had been asking for the split up of games against FS Who and Va Tech for years. When the confrence realigned with the new teams the ACC made the change.

Miami had requested this I read at one point, probably for not playing two of the hardest ACC opponents on the road every year, breaking up our two biggest rivals/ticket sellers for season ticket issues so we don't have week season ticket sells every other year.

Advertisement
Back