Who's the 2013 can't miss recruit that Miami must have?

Advertisement
Matt Thomas is by far the best player. But MUST HAVE. Jamal Carter. We need safeties so bad and Carter is very good.

Advertisement
Thomas kid looks like an animal. Love me some Joey Bosa as well, but he seems to have little interest in the canes.

I would put Jayron Kearse in this conversation. Thomas would be at the top of my list but Kearse is the same type. Ridiculous speed size combo, they both just need to put on weight.

Guess its tough to say "cant miss" but Kearse is a lot like Duke last year IMO. Early commit that isnt getting the proper hype because he is already on our list. I think the senior season will change that. Love me some Kearse.

Advertisement
I saw Kearse listed as an OLB on scout, is that where he projects to college, or is he going to be a WR?

I saw Kearse listed as an OLB on scout, is that where he projects to college, or is he going to be a WR?

Sure looks like a WR to me. I don't understand some of the comments over there about if he gets up to 220 he is automatically a TE or OLB. As if a 6'4-5 220lb receiver with speed would be a bad thing!

Advertisement
Sounds like we need the top ten "Can't Miss" list.

I've never subscribed to the concept of "Indispensable," as the cemeteries are full of folks who were 'indispensable' or 'irreplaceable.'

But I can see how one can - from many and several sources - come up with a top ten list of individuals that fill critical needs.

Olsen has to be #1 ahead of Thomas or anyone else.

We desperately need an elite QB more than anything.

Olsen or whoever the UM coaches have rated as the top QB on their board is very important. Everything begins and ends with a competent signal caller. Top 5

Thomas as the poster above mentioned is probably the top player in Dade so he is a top priority as well, outstanding athlete and future stud (if he works hard).

Alexander and J. Carter are extremely needed as they fill a great need in our defensive secondary.

NUMBER ONE IMO is Burns. Why?

Burns goes to MNW as everyone on this board knows. MNW has been our biggest feeder school for decades or at least top 2.

Burns is currently committed to Alabama and they are the defending NC's.

A Miami Dade player that is easily a 4 or 5 star talent/player in our back yard, at a feeder school, committed to a team from out of state?

I don't care how mediocre we have been the past 8 years. This should not happen. Al Golden and his staff need to make a statement.

They will not let any player that they have set aside as a priority to go to another school. If our coaching staff have targeted Burns as a top guy he is a must get and it shouldn't matter who we are competing against to get him, especially a team from out of state.

It's time to put our foot down and let the nation know that they cannot come into our territory and cherry pick whoever it is that they want to.

Alabama is the best program in the nation right now and what a statement and kick in the nuts it would be to UA if Golden and crew could flip Burns and slam the door right in their f'n faces.

Advertisement

Sure looks like a WR to me. I don't understand some of the comments over there about if he gets up to 220 he is automatically a TE or OLB. As if a 6'4-5 220lb receiver with speed would be a bad thing!

I thought we took him as a WR as well which is why I was surprised to see him listed as an OLB.

Even putting blind optimism aside, IMO, we land Burns, Olsen, and Thomas.

Those would be 3 big pulls. Is Burns a CB or a S? Feel like with his size and speed we could put him at S, especially with the lack of depth there going into 2013.

Even putting blind optimism aside, IMO, we land Burns, Olsen, and Thomas.

Those would be 3 big pulls. Is Burns a CB or a S? Feel like with his size and speed we could put him at S, especially with the lack of depth there going into 2013.

Why does everyone wanna make the big guy a safety. Why make him safety with the evolution of the 6'3" and above receiver? I would try to have skilled guys 6'2" 6'3" with speed.

Advertisement
Back