Where the **** is the CB recruiting?

RiDLer80

All-American
We currently have five CBs on the roster (Ivey, Bandy, Blades, Couch & C Williams). That is poor depth at a position where you basically need three starters in today's game.

Currently we have one "true" CB committed in Clarke, and he's definitely a developmental guy. The other DBs we're recruiting are safeties/strikers.

We're looking at having six CBs on the roster next year. Where the **** are our CB prospects? Are we even recruiting anymore CBs?

Advertisement
I fully expect to bring in a JC corner. We are on three of them. The numbers are a little light but you have Blades/Ivey for two more years and both of the freshmen are really good. Clarke isn’t ranked high but he’s one of the most under ranked recruits I’ve seen in a long time.

Aside from Jakorian Bennett the JUCO kid, it's basically just Davonte Brown & Tee Denson the former Pitt commit.

People will run to the "it's a down year in South Fla" excuse, but nearly every CB in South Fla for this class is committed to a P5 school. It's a down year, but P5 programs are still taking them.

You're not really allowed to question CB recruiting on this site though because people will immediately wage War with you as they perceive it as a slight to Rumph. Who is no doubt a terrific CB coach, but you simply can't speak on his recruiting or lack thereof.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore... Just find some CB's & sign'em up. But we def need a JUCO in this class who's has experience & will be ready day 1, because Clarke is a developmental guy 2 years away & whichever other prospect we get won't be able to step in play right away.

We just need some depth, the ship has sailed on finding any potential future starters in this class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought it was establish after not being able to land Tyson Campbell (even though it was evident before that after the Henderson debacle) that Rumph can't recruit. His "great coaching" is a by product of the pass rushing. Early in the season when we weren't getting a bunch of sacks or pressures our DBs looked lost and played like ***.

Anyways waiting for someone to blow smoke up my *** about how the DBs are playing better when (surprise) the DL especially with Greg Rou has been murdering OL as of late.

We currently have five CBs on the roster (Ivey, Bandy, Blades, Couch & C Williams). That is poor depth at a position where you basically need three starters in today's game.

Currently we have one "true" CB committed in Clarke, and he's definitely a developmental guy. The other DBs we're recruiting are safeties/strikers.

We're looking at having six CBs on the roster next year. Where the **** are our CB prospects? Are we even recruiting anymore CBs?

Rumph recruits like the pope *****.

I thought it was establish after not being able to land Tyson Campbell (even though it was evident before that after the Henderson debacle) that Rumph can't recruit. His "great coaching" is a by product of the pass rushing. Early in the season when we weren't getting a bunch of sacks or pressures our DBs looked lost and played like ***.

Anyways waiting for someone to blow smoke up my *** about how the DBs are playing better when (surprise) the DL especially with Greg Rou has been murdering OL as of late.

Been saying this all year

Advertisement

DB play is always reliant on DL play.

Advertisement
Do you have an actual reason to believe this or are you just a blind optimist?

It's pretty obvious a few things. Absolutely NOBODY on this site knows who all were recruiting in the open and behind the scenes. That's fact. We will finish out the season with two impressive wins and finish the bowl game with another W. Lots of momentum. We will be fine. There will be juco, high school and portal guys available. Zero worries with Manny as head coach

Aside from Jakorian Bennett the JUCO kid, it's basically just Davonte Brown & Tee Denson the former Pitt commit.

People will run to the "it's a down year in South Fla" excuse, but nearly every CB in South Fla for this class is committed to a P5 school. It's a down year, but P5 programs are still taking them.

You're not really allowed to question CB recruiting on this site though because will immediately wage War with you as they perceive as a slight to Rumph. Who is no doubt a terrific CB coach, but you simply can't speak on his recruiting or lack thereof.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore... Just find some CB's & sign'em up. But we def need a JUCO in this class who's has experience & will be ready day 1, because Clarke is a developmental guy 2 years away & whichever other prospect we get won't be able to step in play right away.

We just need some depth, the ship has sailed on finding any potential future starters in this class.
Yeah, this may be a "down" year, but at this point I'm questioning why are we not offering every CB in-state with a P5 offer.

I see a couple CBs that I've not seen mentioned with us with P5 offers and I'm wondering why.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's pretty obvious a few thinks. Absolutely NOBODY on this site knows who all were recruiting in the open and behind the scenes. That's fact. We will finish out the season with two impressive wins and finish the bowl game with another W. Lots of momentum. We will be fine. There will be juco, high school and portal guys available. Zero worries with Manny as head coach
Ok, cool. Your post was based on nothing. Thanks.

Not yet, what's the rush?

Do you have an actual reason to believe this or are you just a blind optimist?

Because we have more 4 stars in the secondary than on any other unit on the team.

Because we had the #1 pass defense in the country last year, with only two 4 stars starting.

Because we have a corner with the 2nd lowest pass efficiency allowed in the country, and he's a true sophomore and our 3rd best corner.

Because we are the favorites for at least 2 more 4 star DBs, both of which have experience at corner.

Do you have actual reasons to panic or are you a blind pessimist?

You're not really allowed to question CB recruiting on this site though because will immediately wage War with you as they perceive it as a slight to Rumph. Who is no doubt a terrific CB coach, but you simply can't speak on his recruiting or lack thereof.

LCE,why do we need a ready to play JC cb in this class when we return every cb,all should be better next season.It seems to me last year was is when we should have brought in a JC cb that would have allowed both Blades and Ivey to slowly work their way in.

Advertisement
Back