Where is Hurnsey?

MiamiVice7

Senior
He's made a few plays in recent weeks, but nothing like the first part of the season. He was balling right out of the gate and was our go-to receiver. Not giving him a hard time or anything...he's just been relatively quiet lately.

Is it simply the emergence of Streeter? Is Jacory just looking to a familiar target in #8 which takes looks away from Hurns?

Maybe something else I'm not aware of, like an injury or something?

All of this got me thinking -with F$U up next, I have a sneaking suspicion that Hurns may have a big game. The 'Noles will certainly have their eyes on Streeter with the season he's having, and clearly they don't need to be reminded of what TB3 has done to them over the years.

Great opportunity for Hurns to reassert himself this week, IMO.

Advertisement
Pretty sure he got dinged against UVA, they may have been limiting him some yesterday. I haven't rewatched but I know I saw him on the field a couple times, but I also recall seeing more of #2 than we have all year.

He's still getting as much PT, the balls just haven't been going his way lately.

He just needs to be ready because I have a feeling we're going to need him to make a big catch this weekend.

He's still getting as much PT, the balls just haven't been going his way lately.

He just needs to be ready because I have a feeling we're going to need him to make a big catch this weekend.

This is what I'm thinking.

As long as he's getting snaps (which I believe he is), he is bound to make some plays. I've seen him out there, but I wasn't sure if his PT has been limited by injury or otherwise.

He's proven reliable and the other guys (Street/TB3) will likely garner plenty of attention from F$U.

If a guy like Hurns is our #3 WR, I feel **** good about that unit...especially with the QB play we've had from Jacory.

Looking for a big game from #1 on Saturday afternoon.

Advertisement
Streeter has really stepped up his game as has Benjamin. Kid has still made plays when he has the opportunity.

we have a nice core group of WR's. Streeter, Hurns, Benjamin, Dorsett... we just need a TE threat. Walford is slowly but surely emerging.

First off, we don't throw the ball that much as it is, so catches by everyone aren't going to be at the level that most schools might have. There are only so many balls to go around, and Streeter has taken most of Hurns' targets in the last 4 or 5 games. Hurns should probably be the starter opposite streeter next year (provided Streeter comes back), with Dorsett as the slot guy. That's a really good top 3.

Oh yeah, I think Walford is going to be a factor. He needs to work, but tons of potential.

If he continues to develop, he could be a monster...looks athletic as ****.

Advertisement
According to someone close to him, he is bolting to the NFL along with other guys who you wouldn't think would be drafted.

I really hope Street doesn't bolt but it wouldn't suprise me. He could vault himself into the 1st round by staying next year. That trio of him, Hurns & Dorsett in 2012 could be FILTHY

Advertisement
In regards to Streets leaving early, sometimes u gotta strike while the iron is hot. Look at what happened to Ryan Broyles.....want him to stay and I think he needs to but I totally get it if he rolls.

In regards to Streets leaving early, sometimes u gotta strike while the iron is hot. Look at what happened to Ryan Broyles.....want him to stay and I think he needs to but I totally get it if he rolls.
I'll never question an athlete deciding to go pro, but Broyles is a top 3 WR in CFB. He's proved it more than just one year. The same can't be said for Tommy

I'll never question an athlete deciding to go pro, but Broyles is a top 3 WR in CFB. He's proved it more than just one year. The same can't be said for Tommy

True indeed god.

But aside from Blackmon, D. Jones, Floyd, Criner, and Fuller there aren't very many guys who possess his combo of size/speed.

Advertisement
Thing is, the way these pro scouts/teams drool over measurables, if Street actually does run a 4.3 or 4.4 and can do it at the combile....with that height/weight and this year's production, he's making $$ period.

Advertisement
Back