What's reopening and when

JD08

Non-attorney spokesperson
So we've all heard about Georgia reopening hair salons, tattoo parlors, etc on Apr 24. But what else and when.

Colorado is doing basically the same as Georgia on May 1st.

Zombie-Cane

Freshman
I believe NC is going through the end of May before they open anything up. It sucks, I had a tattoo appointment the day the shutdown went into effect, and now it is beach season so I will have to put it off until November.

MovingZen

#HistoryIsViolent
Luckily for me SC opened up the public boat ramps after closing them for around 3 weeks. Beaches are also back open and I think some businesses will be opening up soon. I read a mall will be opening up next week I think. I'll stick to my boat and some of the island beaches I can get to. I avoid soft target malls anyway but I'll not be going into places other than the grocery store for the foreseeable future. I'll be waiting to see if there's an increase in cases due to early openings and what's the real story with antibodies.

mirvin88

All-ACC
This thread pleases me

Miami is opening parks, marina's, golf courses

I thought I read somewhere that they're planning to reopen restaurants/bars as well with a limit to patrons and sticking to masks/distancing

jmcanes22

Sophomore
I believe NC is going through the end of May before they open anything up. It sucks, I had a tattoo appointment the day the shutdown went into effect, and now it is beach season so I will have to put it off until November.
Roy Cooper isn't waiting until the end of May. He is going to start moving businesses along on May 8th. He is getting a lot of pressure from the Beach communities and workers in the central region of Carolina. Our state isn't even close to being a hot spot. Roy Cooper was and is extremely unqualified to be the Governor. He won because he was backed by a group that wanted grown men to have the ability to go into a women's bathroom if he felt feminine that day. If it weren't for the flood of money from the LGBQTWXRZ group out of DC, he would have never beat McCroy. We should be opening up THIS WEEK!

For_The_U

All ACC
I believe De Santis will lift lockdown on 5/4. Nothing to base that off, just a personal guess.

I went to Jax Beach yesterday with the fam. Lots of people but extremely easy to stay 6ft away from everyone. I see no rational basis for things like beaches, parks, golf courses, boat ramps, etc, to be closed or even restricted at this point.

Zombie-Cane

Freshman
Roy Cooper isn't waiting until the end of May. He is going to start moving businesses along on May 8th. He is getting a lot of pressure from the Beach communities and workers in the central region of Carolina. Our state isn't even close to being a hot spot. Roy Cooper was and is extremely unqualified to be the Governor. He won because he was backed by a group that wanted grown men to have the ability to go into a women's bathroom if he felt feminine that day. If it weren't for the flood of money from the LGBQTWXRZ group out of DC, he would have never beat McCroy. We should be opening up THIS WEEK!
You are right, outside of Mecklenburg County (Charlotte) the state was never a hot spot. I am all for opening up and taking those that are at risk and continuing to quarantine.
I work for the state and they announced a return to normal working routines on May 11, unless you do not feel safe doing so, you can continue to work remote if possible. I am ready, let's do this!

IndayArtHauz

Inane Source
Staff member
TN is opening some things today and others Wed. 50% limit in restaurants and retail with social distancing still advised. Common sense.
I’m on the ground in East Tennessee and the relative tranquility of the last month has shattered like a barstool at 4pm on the Saturday of a Florida game. Sixteen murders already today, each by blue tick hound. Governor Lee is calling in Eli Manning, in hopes that his death will spark Peyton to return to his throne in Neyland Stadium and calm whoever still loves him after vouching for Schiano.

I’m a happy father but at this point I’d sacrifice one of my own flesh to stop the bloodshed. Lord, why have you forsaken your holy tribe of Knoxville? Tarry no longer, we need our sweet tea and Cracker Barrel sausages.

(Knox county did not add a single case of Covid yesterday)

Zombie-Cane

Freshman
Oh, and Cooper, is an incompetent putz. Hopefully we have Forrest to look forward to!

jmcanes22

Sophomore
You are right, outside of Mecklenburg County (Charlotte) the state was never a hot spot. I am all for opening up and taking those that are at risk and continuing to quarantine.
I work for the state and they announced a return to normal working routines on May 11, unless you do not feel safe doing so, you can continue to work remote if possible. I am ready, let's do this!
That's good to hear May 11th on working conditions. I work remotely anyway but some can't. And you are right, if you don't feel safe then stay. But Cooper HAS to give the option. I had the Corona Virus in February and was over it in four days. I was also tested and have the antibody. I want very badly to go back to the gym. I don't get the fact that a GYM isn't essential but the liquor (ABC) stores are. I know they are ran by the state and that is the main reason. If Cooper wants to win in November (Highly doubt he wins), then he better not f*** this up.

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
This thread pleases me

Miami is opening parks, marina's, golf courses

I thought I read somewhere that they're planning to reopen restaurants/bars as well with a limit to patrons and sticking to masks/distancing
Lots of Gestapo rules with the openings in Dade. You can get arrested if you don't keep 6 feet away from people. By the way, has anybody ever conclusively contracted C19 while outside?

Pelican45

Freshman
Lots of Gestapo rules with the openings in Dade. You can get arrested if you don't keep 6 feet away from people. By the way, has anybody ever conclusively contracted C19 while outside?
They are spraying oil on a slippery slope IMO. I don’t believe in conspiracy theories, but I do think that many political entities will take this opportunity to test the limits on personal freedoms that the masses will accept.

We are the classic frog in the boiling water. I do not like the way our society is moving.

Always Right

Freshman
I heard on 1290 AM this morning said It's looking like May 8th to start reopening PB County. I have no evidence, but the guy who said it has a solid track record.