What would you do.... (King injury hypothetical)

fraggle

Senile Senior
Face it, King is coming back from a serious injury and has not taken any hits yet. I love the kid and think he can give us our best option to win IF he is D'Eriq King we've know and love BUT...what if Lashlee sees he is not getting it done, this is a brutal sport and cold hearted decisions get made all the time, does he let us get in a hole impossible to dig out of or pull the trigger with TVD. It rather bugs me that we have faced teams that are not afraid to use their youth and we've seen some total unknowns tear up out D or be a total disaster.
If you are Lashlee and believe things are going badly...what would you do?

Advertisement
Kill Me Goodbye GIF by Film Riot

I seriously doubt King gets pulled if that scenario were to take place. As bad as the Clemson game was last year, King stayed in and never showed a crumb of quit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The theme all camp has been 'protect King' and this should be the plan moving forward. If anything, his injury may be a blessing because it might eliminate the zone read from Lashlee's playbook. Would rather see more RPO anyway. I know that running QBs give Saban fits but it's a lot to ask of a QB 9 months removed from major surgery and who hasn't been tackled since 2020.

Face it, King is coming back from a serious injury and has not taken any hits yet. I love the kid and think he can give us our best option to win IF he is D'Eriq King we've know and love BUT...what if Lashlee sees he is not getting it done, this is a brutal sport and cold hearted decisions get made all the time, does he let us get in a hole impossible to dig out of or pull the trigger with TVD. It rather bugs me that we have faced teams that are not afraid to use their youth and we've seen some total unknowns tear up out D or be a total disaster.
If you are Lashlee and believe things are going badly...what would you do?
Really dude? You are talking surrender terms. You'd last 5 minutes in my flying squadron. Haha.

Advertisement
I think king stays in for his leadership. His determination to win I hope is infectious on the rest of the offense.

That NO man in their right mind would EVER answer a Hypothetical.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Phools continues to doubt fraggle to their own intellectual demise.

Turns out that fragg's hypothetical from early September turned out to be a critical topic as we watched the coaching staff continue to run a dinged up D'Eriq King on the field until he completely broke down.

Phools continues to doubt fraggle to their own intellectual demise.

Turns out that fragg's hypothetical from early September turned out to be a critical topic as we watched the coaching staff continue to run a dinged up D'Eriq King on the field until he completely broke down.
Broken clock syndrome.

Advertisement
Back