What should we expect from the offense

TheRagingWolf

Junior
against FSU? Are we going to try and pound the rock again with Miller like we did earlier in the year? Air it out some more? What do you guys hope/expect the offense does against FSU Saturday.

I would love a trick play like we saw against Va Tech as long as it is at the right time. Open up the entire playbook Fisch, let's see some fireworks.

Advertisement
I have a feeling we'll be running some play action/option pass when Morris is in the game in our option package. FSU will be expecting the run with him in, and I think Fisch is gonna have him bomb the ball a few times since he's got a bit more of an arm than Jacory (like the TB3 dropped td play last weekend).

Advertisement
In that case, I'll take our chances with Streeter and Benjamin against single coverage.

If Streeter sees more than a handful of single looks, I'll be outright shocked. Mark Stoops' zone has a few holes, but I'm not sure if we have what it takes to bust it.

If Streeter sees more than a handful of single looks, I'll be outright shocked. Mark Stoops' zone has a few holes, but I'm not sure if we have what it takes to bust it.
Oh, I know. I'm just saying how unlikely it is that we'll see 8 or 9 men in the box on every down when we have Streeter and Benjamin on the edges. Streeter is balling and Benjamin has been known to torch FSU.

I would like to see some stuff to start the FSU game like we kind of started the UNC game. We are going to have mix things up. We need our best playmakers, to set up our other playmakers IMO. They are going to be ready for all the deep stuff early with Benjamin and Streeter. So maybe a couple of screens to Benjamin or Miller, maybe line up Miller in the slot and hit him with a quick bubble screen or a quick route. Maybe even line up Benjamin or Miller in the wildcat, and then eventually hit Streeter deep.

I think we're going to be throwing the ball most of the time with just enough running to keep the defense honest (maybe not even that much). Our passing game has been very effective, and our running game has only really been effective when the defense doesn't expect it (not on 3rd and short).

Advertisement
I think we're going to be throwing the ball most of the time with just enough running to keep the defense honest (maybe not even that much). Our passing game has been very effective, and our running game has only really been effective when the defense doesn't expect it (not on 3rd and short).

While I agree with this, I think we need Miller to have a big game Saturday to win. I think we need him to get a couple 20+ yard runs. He hasn't really done much of that lately, hopefully we see it against FSU.

Without a doubt, we need to control time of possession. Hopefully, we can run the ball well and keep our defense off the field as much as possible.

With our defense, our offense better stay on the field with some long grind it out drives and eat some clock.

Controlling the clock with long drives for scores would be great, but I can't see us doing it 3-4 times. Maybe a couple. If we can't get a couple big plays for scores or to set us up well I don't see us winning.

Advertisement
Nothing but being piled dived ino the ground repeatedly by those bigassniggas in Garnett and gold

I think we should spread FSU out and have 4 WRs in the game to start off. Then start running the ball after we establish the pass.

There are a couple keys for our offense this week...some of them are so obvious I feel stupid posting them.

1. Win the ******* battle in the trenches (hmmm imagine that). Get Lamar the rock, and don't abandon the run game.
2. Get Jacory settled in early like the past couple weeks with easy throws.
3. Don't let Jacory get hammered...if their pass rush is a problem, move the pocket, and use the screen pass.
4. Attack the middle of the field. Our TE's are going to have to be involved this week.
5. We have to make them pay if they commit extra guys to stopping the run.

With our defense, our offense better stay on the field with some long grind it out drives and eat some clock.

While I agree with this statement, I said the same thing prior to the VPI game and we didn't really come out playing the grind it out game...but we were able to hit the big play. Repeatedly. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back