• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

What separates Patrick Surtain II from the rest?

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
I see that Patrick Surtain is considered by pretty much every recruiting site as the best overall Defensive back out of Florida for the 2018 class. What about him separates himself from the rest of the elite SFL corners this class?

He has great size at 6'2"... so does his teammate Tyson Campbell who is listed with the same exact size, what makes Surtain better than Campbell? or Jobe or Blades?

Last edited:

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
What separates him from the dregs is that fact that he will graduate from high school on schedule.

RedSquare

Freshman
I see that Patrick Surtain is considered by pretty much every recruiting site as the best overall Defensive back out of Florida for the 2018 class. What about him separates himself from the rest of the elite SFL corners this class?

He has great size at 6'2"... so does his teammate Tyson Campbell who is listed with the same exact size, what makes Surtain better than Campbell? or Jobe or Blades?

The answer is: Hype

Campbell is a better pure corner prospect than Surtain

Dyalect79

Redshirt Freshman
Seems that all the local heads know Surtain is mostly hype and has been for a while now. Why does this thread continuously pop up every month or so when we have seen it 100 times over the last year, smh...! Y'all need a ni66a to spell it out for you an $hit..

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Seems that all the local heads know Surtain is mostly hype and has been for a while now. Why does this thread continuously pop up every month or so when we have seen it 100 times over the last year, smh...! Y'all need a ni66a to spell it out for you an $hit..

ive never seen this thread before but i havent really been checking for the 2018 class until recently so idk.... but what does mostly hype mean in regards to him? that he's not good or "that" good? Is he an elite prospect or no?

Last edited:

SC-Cane

Sophomore
What separates him from the dregs is that fact that he will graduate from high school on schedule.

And can read good.

i dont care if a ni99a cant say his a b c's.......just bring me the savages

If you can't graduate from HS on time how the hell are you gonna keep up with college work?

Same way Calvin Ridley, kelvin benjamin and countless others did it

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor

And can read good.

If you can't graduate from HS on time how the hell are you gonna keep up with college work?

Yep. By going somewhere other than Miami.

SC-Cane

Sophomore
And can read good.

Deandre wilder is 20 if I'm not mistaken so I don't see the big deal about jobe

brock

All-American

Demetrius Jackson was older than jobe will be when he came to Miami too

KrazyCane

SAVAGE

Demetrius Jackson was older than jobe will be when he came to Miami too

lol [MENTION=7366]Cane Dynasty[/MENTION] with this tired ass troll job acting like Josh Jobe is the first player ever that needed additional work to get through admissions. Somebody give this whiny ass baby some milk.

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] you have some insight as to how good Patrick Surtain really is in comparison to all of the other elite DBs coming out of Florida this year?

Senior

ive never seen this thread before but i havent really been checking for the 2018 class until recently so idk.... but what does mostly hype mean in regards to him? that he's not good or "that" good? Is he an elite prospect or no?

Like any message board, The frequents expect everyone to read every word of the board every day the past few months, then get rustled when an old threads bumped.

The dudes a great prospect but Campbell is likely a bit better. Surtains a bit over rated because of his last name.

Miami Nights

Junior
"countless others" includes schools like Miami. You've cheered for a bunch of guys in the same situation without knowing it. Miami obviously acknowledges it has to make exceptions for some guys. If jobs can't get into Miami then he better not be able to get into any other school.

They can do whatever they want for the rest of the student body. Being born with shoulders missing, sipping tea, scarf around neck etc. I could give a fuk less.

Ver

Senior
Joe Jackson is also an older guy, the concern with these is always whether they are actually really good or maxed out