What players are we overlooking?

BJ305

Freshman
Do you guys see Chantz Williams getting burn this year? I would like to see him take a redshirt to get his body right for next year. Anyways, he’s probably 5th or 6th on the depth chart right now....
I think its a redahirt year for him , with all the talent we have on our Dline and combine that with the fact that covid 19 runied spring for all the EE's

canecrazy23

Redshirt Freshman
We have some talent and depth at DT. We need one of them to step up an be elite. Crazy thing is it could be any of them. Going to be fun to watch that scramble for PT.
Yeah his name is Holley. He's about to ball out!!

305407cane

Senior
Yeah his name is Holley. He's about to ball out!!
I hope so. One of them has to take the next step and be an RJ McIntosh. And then miller needs to Kendrick norton. Realistically I see nesta being the starter and hopefully he takes the next step. Remember he was injured before last season started

canecrazy23

Redshirt Freshman
I hope so. One of them has to take the next step and be an RJ McIntosh. And then miller needs to Kendrick norton. Realistically I see nesta being the starter and hopefully he takes the next step. Remember he was injured before last season started
Holley was the most talked about DT before we closed. He was a beast on scout team last year.

Cane passion

Sophomore
Ford miller nesta and Holley are 1 techniques but people on this board start them next to each other on the depth chart. They don’t have the athleticism to play the 3 tech. Now JHH and Blissett ( although at defensive end now) are the kinda guys you want at that 3tech who are fast strong and athletic. The aforementioned guys like nesta miller and ford are one trick ponies who just collapse a pocket nothing more. So look for JHH Blissett and Holley to turn some heads in camp and move the depth chart around.

NZ Cane

Freshman
I'm not sure I believe it will happen but it better be an OL.

Don't give a f*ck which one but Campbell or Clarke would be nice.

sstcane

Sophomore
One player that I’m rooting for is Waynmon Steed. I remember watching him in the spring game a couple years ago and was really impressed.

unfortunately he’s had so many injuries, I’m not sure how he’s recovered. But I hope he stays healthy and can provide depth and get some PT.

jjjrcanes

Sophomore
I'm curious on some players you guys think we are overlooking that can make a solid impact this year? Jordan Miller? Bradley Jennings?
I was excited about A Richards from his class recruits and he really paid off at receiver for us when he was healthy. He could have been one of the best to leave UM if he didn’t get injured.

I feel the same way about Jay Knighton. This kid could end up making the same impact at rb. Payton at receiver should deliver what we think his potential is. Big fast. Pope I’m hoping get it together this year to make our OF dangerous with the addition of King.

Huff and Brooks should elevate the LB core with more speed and athleticism.

Chaney should come on in the second half of season once he is fully healthy. He’s another huge piece to the excitement on OF that we will enjoy with Knighton. We will have one of the best running back core in all of college football in the near future imo. I’m not leaving out Harris which will be good but we already know what he brings to the table.

CaliforniaCanes

West Coast Canes
Jalen Rivers at LG
Zion Nelson at LT
Jakai Clark at C

This is assuming that Scaife is entrenched at RG and Williams assumes control at RT.

Left Guard:
There's a hole at LG with Clark and Gaynor competing at C, Donaldson unavailable and Campbell at OT (which I disagree with).

Traore vs Rivers... LG is up for grabs. I believe Rivers will prove the better option and win the LG job.

Left Tackle:
Nelson played ahead of Campbell in 2019 and was first team RT when spring was cut short.

Assuming Williams plays RT then LT is up for grabs between Nelson and Campbell with Herbert in the mix I guess.

I got Zion surprising again and earning the LT job somehow.

Center:
Clark was moved there for a reason.
I got Clark winning the job at C.

LT Nelson, Campbell, Walker

LG Rivers, Traore, Hillery

C Clark, Gaynor, Griffith

RG Scaife, Reed, Washington

RT Williams, Herbert, ElGammal
No chance Gaynor will not be starting. Even if he isn't starting at C, he will then start at Guard.

Palm beach cane

Sophomore
Read through DB threads. Gurvan Hall is overlooked and understated relative to the leap I anticipate he'll make.
Rewatched UM/FSU full broadcast on youtube last night. Many people remember Bubba's INT this game, but it was Gurvan that was making plays all over in the run and pass game. Hes going to be that dude on defense this year. Payton going to be WR1 by late November.

NorthEastCane

Freshman
He has 21 catches in two years! I need to see production. Potential another word for ain't did **** yet.. I'm not excited at all. Thanks for the exclamation marks though.
Maybe so but that's the very definition of "overlooked".

canecrazy23

Redshirt Freshman
It may be a year too early. DT is a grown man's position. He may get some burn and work into the rotation but next year is when we can realistically hope he starts balling out.
He was arguably unblock able on the scout team last year and was the talk of spring pre Covid. He's going to dominate!