What players are we overlooking?

jw410

Senior
I think he’s solid enough. He’s better than Joe Yearby at the college level. I was a big fan of Yearbys here at Miami.

Furthermore just looking at the numbers.
Cam Harris
View attachment 119164
View attachment 119163
Vs Deejay Dallas

View attachment 119165
They are similar in terms of just the numbers In YPC. His YPC last year is likely similar to Deejays if all his runs weren’t called back.

I think he’s going for 1100+ yards this season. Unless he’s not it.
I want to see some stronger runs! He went down on some easy runs. I want to see him break through arm tackles.. Man I wish the best for all these young men.

canecrazy23

Redshirt Freshman
Yall keep saying Pope..
**** I got Harley or Payton over Pope
I agree with you but I think Pope eats with this new system. Maybe Harley can take Pope under his wing and get his head straight. Pope has the skills to be great.

rokulika

Great Poster
If I'm not mistaken, Burns was RB1 when spring ball halted.

And Few played ahead of Payton in 2019. He could be this year's Jim Murphy.

dwreck27

Senior
Christian Williams and Couch

Williams might fuggg around and take Iveys spot if he slacks off...

couch I see starting in the slot game 1 kids a dog like Bandy was and I can only hope he kept up with his eating routine during covid

JD08

If there's a problem, yo, I'll solve it.
People forget about Burns and run down Cam, but a line that opens holes makes a world of difference.

canecrazy23

Redshirt Freshman
Heard it all before baby this baby that! Lol yall stan for pope. We will find out if he actually catches the ball.
Yeah we heard it from incompetent coaches. Now a coach who just put 2 kids in the first round of the NFL is talking POPE up. I'm excited!!

jw410

Senior
Yeah we heard it from incompetent coaches. Now a coach who just put 2 kids in the first round of the NFL is talking POPE up. I'm excited!!
He has 21 catches in two years! I need to see production. Potential another word for ain't did **** yet.. I'm not excited at all. Thanks for the exclamation marks though.

gabedm

Redshirt Freshman
Kicker.

2017 we won a bunch of close games on the back of badge. Last two years with Bubba we struggled. If we had Borgales last year, how many extra games do we win?

Pretty easy answer.

Ethnicsands

All-American
Talented, proven: Rousseau, Roche, Jordan, King, Scaife

Overlooked:
DB: Couch, C. Williams
LB: McCloud, Steed
DL: Miller, Cam. Williams, Hunte, Holley
OL: Gaynor, Traore
TE: Mallory
WR: Wiggins
RB: Harris
P/K: Borregales, Hedley

Not overlooked, but unproven:
DB: Hall, Bolden, K. Smith
LB: Brooks, Huff
DE: Blissett
DL: Silvera, Phillips, Harvey
OL: Williams*, Campbell,
WR: Pope, Payton

Fingers crossed:
DB: Ivey, Blades, A. Carter, Frierson
LB: Joyner, Jennings
DL: Ford
OL: Donaldson, Herbert, Hillery, Reed, Clark, Nelson, ElGammel
TE: Hodges
WR: Harley, Few
RB: Burns
QB: Perry, Martel, Matocha

JP took a red shirt last season. JP should be a RS freshman this upcoming season. I think he was better than some of the Canes who got WR reps last season. IMHO, King will use him a lot
I just saw this quote from Bubba Bolden about JP being a breakout player:

“One player on offense I would say is Jeremiah Payton,” Bolden said. “I think he might be one of the top receivers over the next two years in the country, honestly. He is a hard worker and I think time will tell what he will do on that field.”

scorpio40

Recruit
Jose Borregales is another guy being overlooked. If we have him in 2019 we automatically add wins against Ga Tech and UNC, and possibly get wins over Florida and Va Tech
True, but the old staph would still be coaching this team!...let that sink in😞😭😳

djnellz

Recruit
I wanna see if Holly's dance moves can translate on the field. Jokes aside, heard he's very good at DT and on the dance floor.

rokulika

Great Poster
Jalen Rivers at LG
Zion Nelson at LT
Jakai Clark at C

This is assuming that Scaife is entrenched at RG and Williams assumes control at RT.

Left Guard:
There's a hole at LG with Clark and Gaynor competing at C, Donaldson unavailable and Campbell at OT (which I disagree with).

Traore vs Rivers... LG is up for grabs. I believe Rivers will prove the better option and win the LG job.

Left Tackle:
Nelson played ahead of Campbell in 2019 and was first team RT when spring was cut short.

Assuming Williams plays RT then LT is up for grabs between Nelson and Campbell with Herbert in the mix I guess.

I got Zion surprising again and earning the LT job somehow.

Center:
Clark was moved there for a reason.
I got Clark winning the job at C.

LT Nelson, Campbell, Walker

LG Rivers, Traore, Hillery

C Clark, Gaynor, Griffith

RG Scaife, Reed, Washington

RT Williams, Herbert, ElGammal

3FW

Senior
We have some talent and depth at DT. We need one of them to step up an be elite. Crazy thing is it could be any of them. Going to be fun to watch that scramble for PT.