What happens to a transfer portal player...

Advertisement
You can take your name out but if you leave the team then that's on you.

Last edited:

Advertisement
They'll end up at FCS. ... But IMO, Weldon is good enough for Group of 5.

LOL, the have Jeff Thomas leaving the U to go to ... the U.

Lots of familiar names on that list. I forgot all about Cager. I guess he's still waiting to graduate before he can go catch (drop) balls for Georgia. TBH, I wish him well, at least well enough to beat the Gators. I don't think he would have seen the field much as a Cane. Same with Ezzard. Happy for him that he landed at Georgia Tech, so long as we crush them when we face off.

Last edited:
The one thing that stands out to me on that list is how many QBs were ruled immediately eligible

What's the deal with Larry Boyd? We need OTs. Just not enough academic horsepower to make it in?

Advertisement
When does the portal close? If we had injuries in the Fall, will players from the portal still be available? If we needed a RB the RB Elijah Mack from South Florida video makes him sound ideal as a Hurricane...other than that have no idea if he is talented.

The university doesn't renew their scholarship so if transfering players don't find a landing spot then the unsigned players are screwed an will have to pay their own way wherever they end up.

Go Canes

I don't think so. The original school could decide to renew the yearly scholarship; it is not automatically terminated. That is clearly the case for some portal guys who did not end up leaving their schools. The DT at Iowa is an example. "Declaring" for the portal does not mean you are leaving your school, but renewing the scholarship is always an annual decision by the school.

I don't think so. The original school could decide to renew the yearly scholarship; it is not automatically terminated. That is clearly the case for some portal guys who did not end up leaving their schools. The DT at Iowa is an example. "Declaring" for the portal does not mean you are leaving your school, but renewing the scholarship is always an annual decision by the school.

I didn't say it was automatic, but as a general role if you tell a school your transfering they don't take you back unless your an all world talent, the locker room won't want you back.

No to mention they can use your spot for someone who help the team.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
When does the portal close? If we had injuries in the Fall, will players from the portal still be available? If we needed a RB the RB Elijah Mack from South Florida video makes him sound ideal as a Hurricane...other than that have no idea if he is talented.

The portal and Wal mart are open year round except Christmas

The one thing that stands out to me on that list is how many QBs were ruled immediately eligible
A lot of those guys are graduate transfers so there's no eligibility issue. I was surprised how many guys had a much lower grade as a transfer than they did coming out of high school.

Advertisement
Back