What happened to these guys?

bigpurk45

Junior
What happened to Antonio Kinard and Kevin Grooms and are they playing football and where? They would have been great assets to us right now especially Grooms. Kinard was a big MLB too, would have been solid for us.

Advertisement
What happened to Antonio Kinard and Kevin Grooms and are they playing football and where? They would have been great assets to us right now especially Grooms. Kinard was a big MLB too, would have been solid for us.

Kevin Grooms ended up at Marshall after he was declared academically ineligible at UM. Not sure about Kinard (iirc, read that he was headed to Michigan but doesn't appear he is on their roster). Agree that they would have been a nice asset; Kevin Grooms had crazy closing speed from his highlight tape.

We need bodies for sure...theres a long list of players that never made it in.

Advertisement
Wish grooms would have gone prep and would have def made it in this go round. Kid got awful advice IMO. He sat out a year anyway...why not sit out and attend your dream school. Makes no sense to sit out, pay your own way and then play at Marshall...SMH

Wish grooms would have gone prep and would have def made it in this go round. Kid got awful advice IMO. He sat out a year anyway...why not sit out and attend your dream school. Makes no sense to sit out, pay your own way and then play at Marshall...SMH

Agree 100%

iirc he had to make up like 50 credits or something like that, it was a crazy high number

Advertisement
Grooms was a 99 overall RB a few seasons into my NCAA Football dynasty. TFWIW :D

So what is it for Kinard, first i hear maybe Michigan then I hear Troy, then I hear Arizona Western... Which one is it?

Advertisement
Advertisement

iirc he had to make up like 50 credits or something like that, it was a crazy high number

How? I thought you only needed like 28 credits to graduate from high school... Thats like 7 credits a year...

Dont think it was that much because if it was Miami would have never recuited him.

I thought Grooms would have been perfect for what they have Dallas Crawford doing now. Slot WR who gets lined up in the backfield once and a while.

Kinnard...I thought he looked too slow and stiff. Would have preferred we just gave Menocal that scholarship.

Advertisement
Back