What are our recruits thinking ?

This is what our recruits are doing ...

Sad Pablo Escobar GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
Ferman has a brief story up this morning about Isaiah Horton. Says he plans on sticking with Miami unless there is a coaching change. Then he doesn't know. He hasn't really been talking to other coaches and has no other visits planned right now though.

Said he speaks to Likens all the time, including last Friday after his game. He also said their 2022 recruit group chat has been quiet. They used to all post all the time; no one has really done that at all recently...

We have what… 8 commits? Another fireable offense but this administration twiddles its thumbs while we get set back another 3 years

Advertisement
Ferman has a brief story up this morning about Isaiah Horton. Says he plans on sticking with Miami unless there is a coaching change. Then he doesn't know. He hasn't really been talking to other coaches and has no other visits planned right now though.

Said he speaks to Likens all the time, including last Friday after his game. He also said their 2022 recruit group chat has been quiet. They used to all post all the time; no one has really done that at all recently...
8 ppl in a recruiting group chat.... Lol of course it's going to get quiet.

We have what… 8 commits? Another fireable offense but this administration twiddles its thumbs while we get set back another 3 years
Tbh, there’s a very good chance we’ll have less than 8...

There’s still about half of the class who are mulling their commitment & if they’re going to sign with us in Dec.

Tbh, there’s a very good chance we’ll have less than 8...

There’s still about half of the class who are mulling their commitment & if they’re going to sign with us in Dec.
As usual I appreciate the insight but I find this depressing.

Horton, Graves, Brown, and Williams are the only ones that even matter IMO.

Rogers is dealing with a serious knee injury and posted slow track times anyway, Flip is a 3-4 year project, there's 20 Ibieta's in Florida every year, and Medlock is another Patke/Diass linebacker evaluation that no one in Texas wanted.

Advertisement
Horton, Graves, Brown, and Williams are the only ones that even matter IMO.

Rogers is dealing with a serious knee injury and posted slow track times anyway, Flip is a 3-4 year project, there's 20 Ibieta's in Florida every year, and Medlock is another Patke/Diass linebacker evaluation that no one in Texas wanted.
I feel the worst about holding onto Horton & Graves. I think Jacurri gonna stay no matter what, seems like a kid who legit fell in love with school & city.

This class is coming from the portal. Who cares about this class of high school kids. We need a coach and it will all work out

this class is already dead as it is. it can only go up with a coaching change. a coach like kiffin would out croot manny in a month

Advertisement
You’re making a lot of wishful assumptions, which I completely understand because it’s what us fans do when things look as bad as they are, but it’s not wise to do that, because you essentially set yourself up for big disappointments.

Recruiting is gonna be up in the air for the next 3 months until a decision is made with the coaching staff & even then things will still be shaky for this class, a lot of fans are hoping against hope that we’ll hire Cristobal & in less than a month all of these high ranked kids are just gonna come flooding over to Miami & signing with us in February. If you remove the emotion from that scenario & look at it logically & objectively, the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.

You have to also remember that other teams are recruiting too, we’re not in a state of suspended animation where everything stops & waits for Miami to get it’s sh*t together, so in the midst of our turmoil & uncertainty other teams who already have secured & established staffs have just as much (if not an even better) opportunity to recruit these same kids we’re hoping for to a more stable situation.

If you’re a high valued 4/5-star recruit, would it make more sense to sign with a team who doesn’t even know who their coach is going to be or if they’re going to keep the same staff that has colossally failed, or sign with a team where you know for a fact you’ll be playing for a coach & program that will get you developed & playing at a high level?

The 22 class is mostly (except for a few solid prospects) gonna be a wash no matter who we hire.

Just look back at the classes we’ve had since 2016 up until now & look at all the prospects we missed on over the years for one reason or another, then fast forward to right now & ask yourself objectively, what are our chances of signing (insert recruit here) with less than month to recruit them while they’re simultaneously being recruited by better programs?
A huge key will be how does the next staff get the most out of what is likely a dud of 2022 class...

Advertisement
ENSD is on Dec 15-17, the last game of the season is Nov 27.

So essentially, if they’re not going to fire Diaz until after the end of the season the brand new HC would only have about 15-16 days tops to assemble a class.

If it’s Mario, he has the end of the season on 27th, plus Pac-12 conference championship to get ready for, plus potentially the playoffs which will go until January.

And depending on how long it takes for them to hire an AD who knows how long that could go...

Whoever is the next HC simply will not have enough time to salvage this class, even if they’re hired in December, all their recruiting efforts will have to be pushed towards the 2nd NSD on Feb 2 2022, and I can assure you by that time a majority of all that good prospects will either already be signed or already locked in with other programs.

I’d be shocked if we managed to sign 15 good prospects in this class & the emphasis is on GOOD, because it’s real easy to load up on late 3-star kids who are barely a take in ordinary circumstances.

The next HC’s main focus should be getting Portal kids & lining everything up for the 23 & 24 class, this class is basically a wash.
As I said awhile ago “ move on from this class“. If somebody jumps in late because of the new coach then great…..just prepare thy **** to be safe.

RIP to what could have been a good class with some needed 5* players in here... I will mourn what could have been with Stewart, Wilson, and that 5* CB...

Advertisement
Back