Weak *** scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamistan96

Recruit
Who’s in charge of that? We consistently have a weak schedule every year. As much as I want to see us consistently win 10 games a year, I’m tired of us playing FAMU, Bethune Cookman, Savannah State, now Southern Mississippi, FIU, FAU and then we announce that we’re doing a home and home with USF. Mostly every year our hardest game on the schedule is FSU with the exception of a couple. I’m sure schools negatively recruit against us in that they play 4 to 5 big games a year while we may have 2.

Advertisement
Who’s in charge of that? We consistently have a weak schedule every year. As much as I want to see us consistently win 10 games a year, I’m tired of us playing FAMU, Bethune Cookman, Savannah State, now Southern Mississippi, FIU, FAU and then we announce that we’re doing a home and home with USF. Mostly every year our hardest game on the schedule is FSU with the exception of a couple. I’m sure schools negatively recruit against us in that they play 4 to 5 big games a year while we may have 2.
We play in the ACC man, we don't need to schedule anybody else, the strength of the coastal will....oh wait.....

Fawk mane, ain't you been watching? Miami needs all the cupcakes it can get.

Advertisement

Just played Notre Dame in 2017, LSU 2018, uf 2019 , Michigan state 2020, bama 2021, Texas a&m in coming years too.

I agree i would like to play less of famu etc but reality is every team has team like that on their schedule

Advertisement
Uhh, every team plays cupcakes and until we can win consistently, how about beating the bottom feeder teams we're supposed to first? LOL we've had one 10 win season in the last 16 years!
Problem is you don't get no respekt til you play and beat those teams, beating cupcakes and playing cupcakes entices nobody recruiting wise. We went from anybody/anywhere to playing division 2 teams. I get it and all, bring it on I say, I think it is much easier to sell playing a couple of elite teams outside the conference every year.

Have you only followed the Miami football program for the last couple years or something?

Problem is you don't get no respekt til you play and beat those teams, beating cupcakes and playing cupcakes entices nobody recruiting wise. We went from anybody/anywhere to playing division 2 teams. I get it and all, bring it on I say, I think it is much easier to sell playing a couple of elite teams outside the conference every year.
You mean like UF, Bama, Sparty and the Aggies?

In the current playoff system it makes absolutely ZERO sense to schedule "a couple of elite teams out of conference every year".

Advertisement
Have you only followed the Miami football program for the last couple years or something?
To be fair, the weak teams on our schedule when we were elite, would beat the brakes off these teams. Sans maybe Temple, but even like La Tech and ECU, much better than what we schedule now.

Advertisement
Yea, let's schedule 4 power 5 teams for non conference games. Makes perfect sense.

2018 - LSU
2019 - UF
2020 - Mich St
2021 - Bama, Mich St
2022 - Tex A&M

Take a break on this topic OP

Here's some more shut the **** up OP

2008 UF, TAMU, UCF
2009 OU, UCF, USF
2010 Taint, USF
2011 Taint, KSU
2012 KSU, USF
2013 UF, USF
2014 Nebraska, Cinci
2015 Nebraska, Cinci
2016 Notre Dame
2017 Notre Dame

You mean like UF, Bama, Sparty and the Aggies?

In the current playoff system it makes absolutely ZERO sense to schedule "a couple of elite teams out of conference every year".
Guess you missed 2 loss teams being considered because they beat TOP teams.

If you're in the SEC you're right, and if you're Clemson.
So then explain to me how it would be in our best interest this season to have another strong OOC P5 team on our schedule to go with Florida instead of, say, Central Michigan or FIU. As in, play out the outcomes and show me how that would INCREASE our odds of making it to the playoff in 2019. I'll wait.

We don't need more teams on our schedule this year. We need to win the coastal and beat clemson. Period.

Not when you can't beat the Coarstal teams regularly. Recruits see records and all they've seen as far back as they can remember is Miami being mediocre. We're a long way from those days you reference, I certainly hope we can get there again but until then, let's start winning against the teams on our schedule now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back