We tried to tell u mother****ers!!!

My fellow canes brethren. I never, ever come on this board after a game. But god**** man....y’all need to put some respect on this kid’s name. Me and @Liberty City El and a few others on this board tried to tell y’all all summer....THIS KID IS THE ******* TRUTH MAN!!

I’ll admit, through 6 games I was about 1% disappointed in his play. And I am NOT saying he was bad, not even close. But this is what I expected from the jump. This is what this kid is capable of, clearly. This is what I saw at Houston, this is what I knew he could do with Lashlee and some Miami skill kids around him. This is why we tried to tell y’all this is not a game changer. This is a PROGRAM changer. He is elite, dynamic, absurdly good and so **** fun to watch.

So yes. We got some holes on this team. We got some issues on defense. Manny might suck, Baker might suck, blah blah blah. But, if you’re a true fan of this program and of this sport, just appreciate the ******* **** out of this kid. Enjoy those 3.5 hours you get to watch him ball out for the program you love. Because he’s special and we’re probably not gonna see one like him for a long time.

One of the very best individual performances I’ve seen by a kid wearing this uniform in 30 years of following this program closer than I follow my family. So no matter what has happened to this point, and no matter what happens from now until the end of the season....ESPECIALLY with the climate of the world right now...enjoy this kid and put some god**** respect on his name.

D’Eriq King....you are a sick individual. Enjoy him and be thankful he’s here.

Go Canes. 6-1 feels good!
I feel this. Life is good when this U balls on Friday night. First time in 20 years that I KNEW we were going to drive and go ahead. Thank you for this moment and let’s keep driving forward. The world needs to appreciate the soul of the U

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think he appears more focused than like half our coaches seem to be sometimes. He rarely celebrates and seems to consistently seek feedback. I just wish he were around long enough to be a model for other players. It’s a pleasure to watch his maturity. Wish it’d spread throughout the program.

I think he appears more focused than like half our coaches seem to be sometimes. He rarely celebrates and seems to consistently seek feedback. I just wish he were around long enough to be a model for other players. It’s a pleasure to watch his maturity. Wish it’d spread throughout the program.
All we can hope for is that TVD is modeling his preparation and demeanor after King. He’s been watching him all year.

Here’s the deal.

DK went into a mini 2 game slump prior to tonight.

No, he didn’t play horribly vs Pitt or UVA, but he played below his normal output.

So he comes back tonight, in a much higher pressure environment, where it’s all on his shoulders, where if he doesn’t play at his best, the team loses, where he can’t afford to make a mistake, or the team loses, where every drive is just to keep the team in the game......and HE CRUSHES IT...and leads the team to victory towards the end of the game.

That is what you call a special player.

Advertisement
My fellow canes brethren. I never, ever come on this board after a game. But god**** man....y’all need to put some respect on this kid’s name. Me and @Liberty City El and a few others on this board tried to tell y’all all summer....THIS KID IS THE ******* TRUTH MAN!!

I’ll admit, through 6 games I was about 1% disappointed in his play. And I am NOT saying he was bad, not even close. But this is what I expected from the jump. This is what this kid is capable of, clearly. This is what I saw at Houston, this is what I knew he could do with Lashlee and some Miami skill kids around him. This is why we tried to tell y’all this is not a game changer. This is a PROGRAM changer. He is elite, dynamic, absurdly good and so **** fun to watch.

So yes. We got some holes on this team. We got some issues on defense. Manny might suck, Baker might suck, blah blah blah. But, if you’re a true fan of this program and of this sport, just appreciate the ******* **** out of this kid. Enjoy those 3.5 hours you get to watch him ball out for the program you love. Because he’s special and we’re probably not gonna see one like him for a long time.

One of the very best individual performances I’ve seen by a kid wearing this uniform in 30 years of following this program closer than I follow my family. So no matter what has happened to this point, and no matter what happens from now until the end of the season....ESPECIALLY with the climate of the world right now...enjoy this kid and put some god**** respect on his name.

King just left it on the field tonight. That was a **** great performance

100%. And that’s what I meant when I said “program changing”. I’m not saying having him for a year is going to ensure some ascension to success. But several of the kids tonight talked to just wanting someone to lead them. They have openly said they needed a leader. This is the type of kid to set an example for a program. “This is how you’re supposed to act.” Whether it’s verbally, by example, or both. But if we’re lucky, kids like TVD and Rooster and Chaney and Rivers and the young WRs are taking notice. This is how a leader acts. Let’s hope that example and attitude remains even after he leaves.

After the past 15 years, what I appreciate the most are King’s intangibles. He is consistent in everything he does.
I’ve been hard on him but he was on fire tonight. The greatest intangible I see from him tho is hes locked in until them clocks hit zero. Watch him after we took the lead in the 4th he was still in game mode while coaches and everyone were celebrating. Salute that YOUNG MAN

Advertisement

Dannyboycane was not attacked by murder hornets. No stings, NOTHING. STOP THE LIES

If anything were to happen to him our season is over. Which lends credence to the rumor about the coaches not wanting him to keep the ball as much on the read option plays, even when the space is there. **** some of the hits he took tonight I was worried.

Advertisement
Back