We should take a post season ban

Advertisement
Possibly but I dont see the Basketball team getting hit that hard. DQ and Reggie were both cleared by the NCAA. If we had some open issues I would agree but I dont see them coming down that hard on the basketball team.

I honestly think the NCAA is finishing up their investigation and this is some of the left over ****.

Just like football. Nothing to play for.

Excellent example of a dumb *** post right here. Nice job, schlub.

How is it a dumb *** post? This team has had 3 players suspended for NCAA violations while the entire athletic department is under investigation. Who cares about another nit banner and it is time to move on from grant and jones. Maybe a post season ban would get these players heads straight.

Don't kid yourself football and basketball are going to get hit. (football moreso) so would you rather miss and nit this year or lose a valuable scholie?

Advertisement
Jones and Johnson were both cleared. The current adminstration hasn't brought up taking a ban, because they're perfectly satisfied with the resolution. Scott will probably be cleared in the next few days if it's similar to what happened to RJ, which is what it sounds like.

This is a whole lot different than dozens of football players getting free lap dances and yacht trips over several years. There's no transitive property that just because the football program had to eat a bullet that the bball team needs to also. Furthermore, it's important for guys like Kadji, TMJ, Brown, Larkin, etc, to keep on playing as many games as possible. Any post-season experience helps.
this

and it goes beyond just getting kids like larkin into games.........post season games are a different atmosphere.......and any post season experience the young kids can get at this point.......is going to be very valuable going forward

and im not sure the basketball program will necessarily get beat up too badly.......the football program will get hit much worse........but i wouldnt be surprised to see the school get hit with a LOIC and to see haith get hit with a show cause

Jones and Johnson were both cleared. The current adminstration hasn't brought up taking a ban, because they're perfectly satisfied with the resolution. Scott will probably be cleared in the next few days if it's similar to what happened to RJ, which is what it sounds like.

This is a whole lot different than dozens of football players getting free lap dances and yacht trips over several years. There's no transitive property that just because the football program had to eat a bullet that the bball team needs to also. Furthermore, it's important for guys like Kadji, TMJ, Brown, Larkin, etc, to keep on playing as many games as possible. Any post-season experience helps.

I see that argument. And my first post was tongue in cheek until you got your panties in a wad.

But I could still see the argument of, why not be overly cautious and take a ban? No infractions committee is going to be able to say "oh I see the u had some issues with eligibility this year let's vote on what to do with them. We won't hold the Shapiro story against them at all. Wink wink."

Nothing will happen to us, and chances are, nothing will happen to Haith, either. I can't really back that up with facts but it seems just like the kind of situation that will get swept under the rug because he's moved onto a legitimate Top 15 program that's having a big year. That piece of garbage should be suspended exactly the same amount of games that he's cost us this season, IMO.
but.......even for minor violations.....its hard to ignore that almost 25% of the roster has missed time for **** that happened under his watch

I see that argument. And my first post was tongue in cheek until you got your panties in a wad.

But I could still see the argument of, why not be overly cautious and take a ban? No infractions committee is going to be able to say "oh I see the u had some issues with eligibility this year let's vote on what to do with them. We won't hold the Shapiro story against them at all. Wink wink."

We would not have reinstated them if we did not get the blessing of the NCAA. When the NCAA doesn't hand down additional punishment, like they did with our football players, they have been satisfied and no further action is required.

The FB team is going to suck a big one because the suspensions were not self-enforced, but something the NCAA deemed necessary. It's two completely different situations, stop thinking they are similar because they are not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the university of Miami declared all of the football players involved ineligible and the NCAA then told them they had to sit out one game. Which is pretty much the same thing that has happened with Reggie and Scott. And they both have come up during the joint Shapiro investigation. Makes them seem similar to me.

Advertisement
Also, the RJ and Scott suspensions were ostensibly over impermissible travel benefits to family members. (I'm assuming RJ's case is the same as DS, it might not be but for the sake of this let's pretend.) That's nowhere near the type of stuff that Shapiro accused the football players of doing.

Now, Jones' suspension was of that same caliber, with the whole duffel bag of money allegation. But there was no evidence, no paper trail, Haith denied it, Jones denied it, and he was reinstated so that has pretty much run its course. There's nothing at all that would cause the NCAA to come down on the bball team.
the only reason i disagree with that is because in reggies case....for example......it was said that the "benefits" provided were provided by a former coach

if it was a booster or something of the like i would agree with you 100%.......but when members of the former staff are mentioned.....thats probably gonna be looked at in a different light

I guess, but if they waved off RJ after one game, I don't think it's going anywhere. They're much more likely to go after FH or one of his assistants.
i dont think its a big deal either.......the bigger problem is gonna be the athletic department as a whole just based on the fact that rules were broken by at least 2 different sports programs.....during the same time period

for basketball.......i can see losing 1 schollie next year or a few years of probation...........but i think haith is gonna be a different story

Advertisement
Back