We must go JUCO in a major way

CaneSB

Freshman
This team has an opportunity to be VERY good next year. But...we have some glaring holes that need to be addressed through the JUCO ranks.

Specifically, we need a JUCO TE, DE, DT, and S and we will win a lot of games next year.

Advertisement
We're done at TE. Dobard, Johnson, and Kerr are our guys for next year.

DE and DT need some help, both immediate and long term. Bryant and Bostwick seem like locks. But, Miami still has a lot of pieces still in play, at both DE and DT. I think we need to bring in 6 total new linemen this year.

Safety, gonna go young. Bush is already a mainstay. Need Jamal Carter and Artie Burns to be a hit, and I think its a foregone conclusion they will be.

I got us at a 2014 resurgence...I'd just like to see IMPROVEMENT in 2013.

I see us improving by leaps and bounds next year. Its 2014 that we are elite again, but that really depends on Golden/one of the other QB's on the roster.

No. We aren't winning a NC next year. And we have a small class with sanctions looming. You don't take up at least 4 spots with JuCO players. DL is the only spot you bring in one or 2.

DE and DT need some help, both immediate and long term. Bryant and Bostwick seem like locks. But, Miami still has a lot of pieces still in play, at both DE and DT. I think we need to bring in 6 total new linemen this year.

Safety, gonna go young. Bush is already a mainstay. Need Jamal Carter and Artie Burns to be a hit, and I think its a foregone conclusion they will be.

Agree on everything including 2014

Advertisement

Agree w/ all of this.

No. We aren't winning a NC next year. And we have a small class with sanctions looming. You don't take up at least 4 spots with JuCO players. DL is the only spot you bring in one or 2.

Agreed.

We need a JUCO DE first and foremost IMO, then a DT.

Obviously if we can land an elite level JUCO DT then that changes things but we don't need just another body when we are already in line for some good young guys and we have numbers already.

We need a real pass rushing JUCO DE next year. Mccord looks very promising, but we need another player that can get after the QB.

Larry I assume you are referring to Travis Johnson?

Advertisement
We should have gone JUCO LAST year. 2 DEs and a DT last year in the JUCO ranks. This is a glaring mistake the coaches made. Butch brought in a number of JC players on a far better team in 2000 (McDougle, Williams, Shockey, McKinnie). I'm not sure why this wasn't done, but there are some very talented players in the JC ranks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back