We can't let Matthew Thomas get away

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
I'm re-watching his tape, and he's just trollin' out there.

Are we on good terms with Ice Harris? I know Corch was his boy, but Golden carried him over before he left to return to BTW.

We got Ice and Tim Jr. coaching Thomas (and Kirkland). Not saying they're gonna steer him toward UM, but ****.

And then mama wants him at Miami, too?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit we need to lock the Booker T boys up.

Advertisement
It seems like every year there is one kid that above all others we need to keep home. Having said that, Matthew Thomas is in my mind the most important local recruit in terms of the need and urgency to keep home in the last 5-10 years. An absolute must get. Golden needs to win this one. Failure is not an option.

Thomas and Kirkland are the two most important recruits left on the board IMO. Local blue chippers at positions of great need we need to bag these guys.

It seems like every year there is one kid that above all others we need to keep home. Having said that, Matthew Thomas is in my mind the most important local recruit in terms of the need and urgency to keep home in the last 5-10 years. An absolute must get. Golden needs to win this one. Failure is not an option.

I think he's one notch ahead of Duke Johnson in terms of being a better prospect over the last 3 seasons. However, I think Duke Johnson is THE most important local recruit since Vernon Carey. What their commitments signified, the timing and who they brought along with them were potential turning points for our program.

Last edited:
We're supposedly on very good terms with Ice Harris.

I'm not sure what it is that Thomas loves so much about FSU, but maybe its more about the negative vibe around our program right now. We need to win some games and get some clarity with the NCAA. Hopefully Thomas & Kirkland show up to Rising Senior Day.

I still can't see Golden letting those 2 get away. Keep the home team home.

Advertisement
LuCane said:
I think he's one notch ahead of Duke Johnson in terms of being a better prospect over the last 3 seasons. However, I think Duke Johnson is THE most important local recruit since Vernon Carey. What their commitments signified, the timing and who they brought along with them were potential turning points for our program.

No mention of Tracy?

LuCane said:

No mention of Tracy?

I will go on record and say that from a purely skill standpoint, Duke brings more to the table then Tracy.

This guy is going to be all-world wherever he goes. Absolute stud, must have, offer him 2 schollies!

Duke and sony

Advertisement
LuCane said:

No mention of Tracy?

Would you say that having Duke committed helped bring in Howard, Lewis, Bush and others? Duke was the cog in our last recruiting class that brought it all together.

How does his recruitment compare to Willie Williams? I didn't follow it all back then but wasn't he high on FSU as well?

RiDLer80 said:
Would you say that having Duke committed helped bring in Howard, Lewis, Bush and others? Duke was the cog in our last recruiting class that brought it all together.

I was speaking moreso of the type of prospect Tracy is, he brings a business like, strong work ethic mentality, not what Duke brought in terms of other local talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back