Washington transfer Noah ****erson visiting 4/30

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
He's from Moteverde, 30 miles from Orlando and signed with Florida before Donovan left for OKC. He's a 6-8 forward who was UW's 2nd leading scorer last year at 12.5 ppg as a sophomore. He also averaged 8.2 reb. and shot 55% from the field. He visited UVa last week.

GET HIM

Advertisement
Makes no sense given who we have but he is a good player. I would take if Newton transferred.

He and Newton have nothing to do with each other. ****erson would have to sit out a year for transferring. By the time he plays our roster will look vastly different (Newton, Brown, Walker, Huell could all be gone). He would add some maturity to a very young, inexperienced team.

He and Newton have nothing to do with each other. ****erson would have to sit out a year for transferring. By the time he plays our roster will look vastly different (Newton, Brown, Walker, Huell could all be gone). He would add some maturity to a very young, inexperienced team.

If you want me to explain my comment, I can (IMO).

Biggest Priorities

- We need eligible quality depth at PF/C as we currently have no proven starters there and none of them averaged 20 MPG this past season. ****erson does nothing to help us here next season.

- We need a high quality guard who will be ready to step in if Brown or Walker or both go pro. This is why we're looking at players like Evans and Weathers. They can sit out and step in should any of them leave. Maybe none of them leave but Newton is gone after next year anyway.

Remember, we only have 2 open scholarships as of now. This is why I made the point about ****erson and Newton because if we had an additional open scholarship, I would gladly give it to a player like ****erson because then we could do the two above and bring him in.

You don't turn down a talented big man like him. I get that we need a 5th year big more than a sit out transfer but this kid would make our frontcourt next year something to fear with him, a senior Isuzu, a junior Huell and Miller and a sophomore Gak. All that said I'm not sure he's leaving UW. Weathers visits the same day and frankly if both want to join us I'd have no issue taking them. Let it play out.

Advertisement
As Strauzer said, if a kid this good falls into your lap, you don't say no. You have no idea if Huell pans out. At this point, we still don't even know what Izundu is. You take him.

Agree w/ everyone here. Ideally, we'd like an immediately eligible big man, but this kid seems too good to pass up.

If you want me to explain my comment, I can (IMO).

Biggest Priorities

- We need eligible quality depth at PF/C as we currently have no proven starters there and none of them averaged 20 MPG this past season. ****erson does nothing to help us here next season.

- We need a high quality guard who will be ready to step in if Brown or Walker or both go pro. This is why we're looking at players like Evans and Weathers. They can sit out and step in should any of them leave. Maybe none of them leave but Newton is gone after next year anyway.

Remember, we only have 2 open scholarships as of now. This is why I made the point about ****erson and Newton because if we had an additional open scholarship, I would gladly give it to a player like ****erson because then we could do the two above and bring him in.

Very valid points and doubt anyone disagrees with you. Those are priority needs and the staff has obviously surveyed the landscape in search of fits. If there isn't a quality grad transfer big, rather they take this kid than just a warm body.

Advertisement
You don't turn down a talented big man like him. I get that we need a 5th year big more than a sit out transfer but this kid would make our frontcourt next year something to fear with him, a senior Isuzu, a junior Huell and Miller and a sophomore Gak. All that said I'm not sure he's leaving UW. Weathers visits the same day and frankly if both want to join us I'd have no issue taking them. Let it play out.

This kid played really well down the stretch in the Pac-12 on a horrible team. He gives you offense and a solid rebounder. Something we're lacking right now. No doubt he's a take if available.

Would be nice to have in 2018 with what will probably be a young team, but we really need a grad transfer big for this season.

Advertisement
Back