Washigton Has Breakout Performance

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 CB Trumaine Washington came into Thursday night's game against Homestead with the goal of beating the Broncos. Killian did just that, winning 42-21.

"We did pretty good. We came out in the first and second quarter and did great, but we had a few errors in the second half. We were trying to send a message to all the teams. They said we were supposed to lose 22 to 20, but we showed them that we're working."

Another goal of Washington's was to stick Homestead receiver Ermon Lane, who he held to one catch before the Killian second team defense came in during the fourth quarter.

"He's a great player. I like how he plays with intensity and never stops. I was just doing what my coaches have taught me in practice."

The Killian defensive back also had a couple nice kickoff returns, one for 35 and another for over 60.

"I'm really the second string return guy, but the starter JaQuan Johnson was tired, catching cramps so I had to step up."

The Cougars will face South Miami in week 2.

"We just gotta win."

Advertisement
I like his comments about Lane.....everything I am hearing is telling me that Lane is an absolute must get. Not just from an athletic standpoint, the kid seems to have the right attitude also.

Apologies if you already covered this (didnt get a chance to read the game thread yet) but was Washington being physical with Lane? Washington is a bit small isn't he, but plays physical, maybe like Howard?

Lane being a skinny kid might have trouble with physical corners but once he puts some weight on, I think he will be unstoppable.

Advertisement
Apologies if you already covered this (didnt get a chance to read the game thread yet) but was Washington being physical with Lane? Washington is a bit small isn't he, but plays physical, maybe like Howard?

Lane being a skinny kid might have trouble with physical corners but once he puts some weight on, I think he will be unstoppable.

Yea Washington was pressing him for the most part.

Lane isn't incredibly skinny, but some weight would be an added bonus

Yea Washington was pressing him for the most part.

Lane isn't incredibly skinny, but some weight would be an added bonus

Yeah Lane could be the best player in the country next year if he gets his strength up. He will grow into his body but if he can outwork guys on the line, there really isnt anyone in high school that is going to be able to stop him IMO.

Both of these guys seem to have very bright futures (hopefully as Canes of course)

Advertisement
Tru will be a cane if offered

We are going to have to pass up a lot of really really talented players in 2014. Man, depending on scholarships we are set to clean up.

Seems like this kid has to be near the top of the board at CB though.

We know about him, that's for sure.

Those days of just flat out missing guys right under our noses are gone. It's one thing to evaluate and move on, but it's another to just miss.

Advertisement
Back