Virginia Game Day - Week 11

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
The Canes host the Virginia Cavaliers on Senior Day. There's only 1 more game left in the regular season after today, so sack up and try to get excited.

77.jpg

The Doctor said:
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and...bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.

With the arrival of Senior Day, I can't help but think back to how the season began. The win over the Gators feels like it was ages ago. But even though it turned out they suck I'm still happier than a pig in **** over that win. Our quick rise into the top 10 with a 7-0 start has been overshadowed by our current 3 game losing streak. We're also unranked...just like we started the season. This team needs a win in the worst way to get out of this funk. A win today keeps the hopes of a 10 win season in play if we are victorious in our bowl game.

Since it's Senior Day this is your last chance to see your favorite team play in their own building until next year. If that means anything to you right now, it would be good of you to show up. If not, then you'll have to wait until August 30th of next year at the earliest. The decision is up to you. 27 seniors will be playing in their last game at home.

268.jpg

hurricanesports.com

It would nice if they had decent crowd to play in front of. The school is trying to reach out to the local community to help build back up the fan base.
They're doing this Uniendo La Familia thing. I'm just going to assume it's an attempt to connect with local Spanish speaking residents of South Florida who might not have a connection to UM. Whatever it takes. Also, in case you haven't heard, UM still has a 3% chance to win the Coastal. Here's what has to happen:

Matt Porter said:
  • Miami must win its final two games, Saturday against Virginia & next Friday at Pitt.
  • Virginia plays spoiler, defending its home turf next week against rival Virginia Tech.
  • UNC must beat Duke next week, saddling the Blue Devils with a third ACC loss.

392.gif

This week has been pretty bizarre since the Duke loss. The lengths to which the local media is circling the wagons around UM to protect D'Onofrio just seems odd to me. After all the petty sniping and muckraking these guys have done over the years, they've chosen D'Onofrio as their hill to die on. This is the same group of people that called Micanor Regis a pig, brought the Shapiro scandal back into the news-cycle every chance they got, and make snarky comments as they gleefully tweet pictures of empty seats at Sun-Life. Now after the way the past 2 games have unfolded, this is what we're basically hearing from them:

[video=youtube;zDAmPIq29ro]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro[/video]

Seems legit.

20.png

Where: Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Dolphin/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium

Who: Virginia Cavaliers (2-8) vs. Miami Hurricanes (7-3)

When: 12:00 pm/et

How:
272.gif

Official message for this game:

Don't let Linder, Hurns, Hagens and the rest of the Seniors finish their Miami careers winless against Virginia!

You can complain/gripe about a few people on this roster, but those 3 guys I just mentioned are probably my favorite on the whole team. Talk **** about them and we're going to have to throw internet hands. None of them have ever won a game against Virginia. In fact, there are only 5 people on the current roster who know what it's like to experience a win over Virginia. Those 5 red-shirt Seniors are Jared Wheeler, Curtis Porter, Luther Robinson, Shayon Green, and A.J. Highsmith. In fact, Highsmith threw a touchdown pass to Kendal Thompkins in mop up duty near the end of that game. That's how long it's been since Miami beat Virginia. VIRGINIA. The losing ends today.

Official gif of me if we lose to Virginia for the 4th year in a row:

393.gif

Last time they met: November 10, 2012

[video=youtube;VJVI5PsjhU8]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVI5PsjhU8[/video]

What we said in our recap:

Me said:
...4 Will the Defense be able to deal with the losses of Johnson, Perryman & Bush?

38.gif

For ***** sakes. Dominique Terrell is still wide the **** open in the middle of the field. Going into this game, UVA averaged just 22.8 ppg on the season. By the end of the 1st quarter they had 21. If only Dorito had 2 freshman and a sophomore in the game we could've held UVA to under 40 points. Since Johnson wasn't injured, he better have killed a guy to not be allowed to travel this game. If I find out he got left home because he mouthed off to someone, I'm going to murder Al Golden in his sleep.

Michael Rocco was basically Peyton Manning yesterday, finishing with 29/37 for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. He would have had more, but UVA was rotating him with Phillip Sims. He had two touchdown drives of over 70 yards in the final 7 minutes of the game. He also set a school record of 18 consecutive completions.

The defense had already set the school record for yards allowed in a season. After yesterday, they've now allowed 4,701 yards in just 10 games. That's an AVERAGE of 470.1 per game for all you mathematicians out there. The team has also allowed 312 points on the season, which is 2 points off the school record for a single season. There are at least 2 more games to add to that, possibly 4...
Not much has changed since last year.

Still pist about Eddie Johnson.

Know your enemy: Streaking the Lawn

What they're saying:

...Considering how poor the Hoos offense has been of late, Miami's defense should be pretty confident. The Hoos offense ranks 96th in the nation, and has been equally bad running and passing. Watford has regressed after having a good game a few weeks ago against Georgia Tech. His performance on the road this year has been pathetic. Actually, his performance overall has been pathetic, but he's been worse on the road. His 5.2 yards per attempt is 5th worst in the nation (and he has thrown nearly twice as many passes as anybody else in the bottom 10). His 8.9 yards per completion is dead last in the nation (and nearly half a yard lower than the 2nd worst). His passing efficiency is 2nd to last in the nation (and once again, he's thrown twice as many passes as the only guy below him). We've been told that, for better or worse, the team will stick with David Watford at QB. This is, as far as I'm concerned, unconscionable...

...Simply put, if the Hoos are going to have any chance in this game, it is going to be running the ball. Miami has struggled to contain good running games, and Parks has rushed for almost 800 yards and 10 TDs. Just imagine how good Parks could be if the Hoos had any kind of passing game. If Parks can continue his strong season, and Watford (or Lambert) can find a groove, the Hoos can surprise the Canes. I wouldn't bet on it though...

Once again we're facing a terrible offense. We better treat them as such on the field.

10.png
Miami Notes

1. Miami hopes to send Seniors out on a high note.
2. Golden says recruits are more open to UM after the scandal.
3. Denzel Perryman is a father now.

78.jpg

4.png
Virginia Notes

1. UVA is sticking with David Watford at QB.
2. Virginia's problems began with Sims.
3. UVA's passing game sucks.

79.jpg

/DCF in LA

Favorite Virginia related Image, Photoshop, Video or Gif:

29.gif

10.png
Miami Roster Stuff

2 Deep Depth Chart

Miami Injuries
DatePosPlayerInjuryStatus
11/21/13WRStacy ColeyHeadProbable
11/20/13DBArtie BurnsAnkleDoubtful
11/20/13WRHerb WatersGroinQuestionable
11/20/13WRPhillip DorsettKneeDoubtful
11/16/13LBAlex FigueroaArmDoubtful
11/03/13RBDuke JohnsonAnkleOut For Season
08/15/13OLDanny IsidoraFootOut Indefinitely
08/15/13OLHunter KnightonShoulderOut For Season

4.png
Virginia Roster Stuff

2 Deep Depth Chart (PDF)

Virginia Injuries
DatePosPlayerInjuryStatus
11/19/13DLBrent UrbanAnkleQuestionable
11/17/13WRCanaan SeverinLower BodyQuestionable
11/17/13OLCody WallaceIllnessQuestionable
11/17/13CJohn PondUndisclosedQuestionable
11/17/13DBKelvin RaineyUndisclosedQuestionable
11/17/13DBMaurice CanadyUndisclosedQuestionable
11/05/13DBDemetrious NicholsonToeOut For Season
10/03/13OLSean CascaranoHipOut For Season
08/19/13DBWilfred WaheeACLOut For Season

Game Day Character:

Allons-y

80.jpg

Save the day.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm already sick of excuses for 2014 (the mark of a bad staff, they have excuses planted years in advance). I want UVA to have 1,000 yards against us. So bad, it is THE story in sports next week.

SWould love to see us win, but not at the expense of having Dorito back.

I want Dorito gone by Sunday.

Advertisement
I'm already sick of excuses for 2014 (the mark of a bad staff, they have excuses planted years in advance). I want UVA to have 1,000 yards against us. So bad, it is THE story in sports next week.

You are definitely a true cane, um gets crushed, your happy?

Not a good look.

Advertisement
In terms if what has to happen for us to win the Coastal, Wake beating Duke today (noon I think) will also work for Duke's 3rd ACC loss...yes? Duke needs to lose 1 of Wake/UNC and UVA has to beat VT...and we win out.

Why am I doing this to myself?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back