Video from Scrimmage #2

View as article
Advertisement
First thing I noticed was Shayon Green pushing Bunche around pretty good in the Oklahoma drill. That's pretty impressive.

props to the fan who shot that video

quality **** right there

Yup. Could you imagine a kid like Godfrey trying to play QB with that line? With JJ at guard the size of our guys is crazy when Bunche and Henderson are in as well.

Advertisement
Luther Robinson making some plays. If we get quality play from him that would be huge. Seems like he's really putting in work because the coaches were thinking of moving him to OL.

Kirby looked great on a few plays.

Crow has ideal size for a QB. I know a lot of people kind have written him off because his HS stats but I think he could surprise a lot of people.

Gunter isn't afraid to stick his nose in there. Looking like a nice pickup from an under the radar kid.

Scott catches everything with his hands. Looks really natural and smooth.

Flowers is a physical impressive for a guy who should be in HS.

Please, please, please let Porter stay healthy. He's a **** good DT when he's in there, could be what we have been missing lately.

A lot of good hitting.

I know this team is going to be extremely young and we are in trouble at a few positions (namely S) but I think we are going to see some improvement this year.

Advertisement
I wonder if us re-using jerseys amongst players is a sign that we're getting new jerseys this year. It's odd to me that Ryan Williams is just wearing AJ Highsmith's old jersey with the name taken off the back. But maybe it's nothing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tremendous props to the person who took that video. It's a godsend for those of us who couldn't make it.

Gotta love how decisive Kirby was on some of those reads. His 37-inch vertical jump is no accident, he's got some burst. And it's nice to see the young QBs improve. They look worlds better than they did in Hialeah.

First thing I noticed was Shayon Green pushing Bunche around pretty good in the Oklahoma drill. That's pretty impressive.

my first impression of Bunche was from the open scrimmage for season ticket holders or something in 2010. was practicing at OG and pulling. Jimmy Gaines (also my first impression) flew in and absolutely blew him up in the hole. But on Bunche its been a pretty accurate first impression - dude plays too high so he loses leverage. Needs to start bending them knees - might just be one of those guys who's not "a natural knee bender".

yes... plays very high...

I like Kirby too!!..

Our DL is poor.. too much hand fighting.. ugh... gonna be a long year.

Advertisement
Back