Vernon on Hurtt, Hill, Pannunzio (Re Shapiro)

View as article

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Olivier Vernon, who received the stiffest penalty of any of the UM players punished by the NCAA last August, told a few reporters at the NFL Combine on Saturday that "the person recruiting me introduced me to Nevin Shapiro." I asked him who that person was. "It was Clint Hurtt," he said. "And Aubrey Hill. I hold no grudges [toward them] but I feel if they knew the type of person he was, they shouldn't have introduced me to him."

Vernon has told both the NCAA and NFL teams that Hurtt and Hill introduced him to Shapiro.

Vernon isn't the only player who told the NCAA that former UM assistants took them to Shapiro, which will be problematic for UM (and potentially those assistants) when the NCAA decides its punishment. At least one current player blamed Joe Pannunzio. Hurtt is now at Louisville, Pannunzio at Alabama and Hill at Florida.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...long-term-plus-other-notes.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Its not going to be good that coaches were involved. Hopefully they punish the coaches more than the university.

Probably not good for us

But those three better get their annuses ready as well

Advertisement
Pretty sure that UM and staff know what was said, AG has frequently mentioned a shift in NCAA punishment to the people responsible rather than the school

Advertisement
All this "new news" is making me more uneasy, but I still think Al must know everything that's been said and he's confident so I'll continue to be optimistic.

A week or so ago I think Dmoney or someone posted something about the coaches being upset about the NCAA taking their time to send our LOA, anyone think Miami's trying to force their hand by having people who can talk about the investigation to start releasing details? This makes 2 consecutive weeks we've gotten news about the investigation

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];283211 said:
Its not going to be good that coaches were involved. Hopefully they punish the coaches more than the university.
Agree on all points. I've said all along that the connection to Hurtt is what concerns me the most.

Advertisement
Pretty sure that UM and staff know what was said, AG has frequently mentioned a shift in NCAA punishment to the people responsible rather than the school

Isn't that what Ohio State did? They pushed it on the vest and the school got off light?

[]_[]Fan2010;283479 said:
All this "new news" is making me more uneasy, but I still think Al must know everything that's been said and he's confident so I'll continue to be optimistic.

A week or so ago I think Dmoney or someone posted something about the coaches being upset about the NCAA taking their time to send our LOA, anyone think Miami's trying to force their hand by having people who can talk about the investigation to start releasing details? This makes 2 consecutive weeks we've gotten news about the investigation

Nope. The only reason this came out is b/c Vernon was asked about it by NFL scouts. From what we have heard in the media and behind the scenes, it doesn't seem like Vernon is very high on Miami at this point.

[]_[]Fan2010;283479 said:

Nope. The only reason this came out is b/c Vernon was asked about it by NFL scouts. From what we have heard in the media and behind the scenes, it doesn't seem like Vernon is very high on Miami at this point.
vernon also isnt very intelligent

How is this worse than Tressel, the actual head coach, covering up what the players were doing? Tressel got punished and OSU got off light and there is no reason it shouldn't be the same for us.

Advertisement
Back