Vernon Hargreaves III 2013

Ziggy

Junior
Kid's dad used to coach at the U but I think got fired when shannon took over. He's a 5star already and has offers from everyone.
Thought this was interesting from Rivals article about him.. His mother said, "When my husband coached at Miami, we were around some great kids - Jonathan Vilma, Vince Wilfork, Ed Reed," Jackie Hargreaves said. "Some of those guys at Miami used to babysit for him. They'd talk to us about football. They'd go out and throw the football with him."

Does he have any interest in us?

Advertisement
Pretty much zero, unfortunately. I would like to think there is a long way to go, but I would have to see some genuine interest first to believe anything.

Advertisement
Joshnewberg
CB Vernon Hargreaves tells me he wants to make a visit to #Miami this summer. Hasn't been on campus since his dad coached there 7 yrs ago.
8:13pm - 18 Mar 12

Never say never bruhs

We just need Bakas to say we aren't recruiting him

His dad was scapegoated by Coker before the Shannon catastrophe. The only person who was above senior in the hierarchy when it happened and is still here is....Shalalalalalala.

Joshnewberg
CB Vernon Hargreaves tells me he wants to make a visit to #Miami this summer. Hasn't been on campus since his dad coached there 7 yrs ago.
8:13pm - 18 Mar 12

Never say never bruhs

We just need Bakas to say we aren't recruiting him

:ibisroflmao:

Great news all around though.

remember remember Tracy Tracy Tracy Tracy

Is this going to be the new "battle cry?" Whenever we aren't in on a kid someone is going to say Remember Tracy Howard?

This reminds me of all the guys that cry over stars and the other half that has to chime in with "Santana Moss" "Russel Maryland" or "Ed Reed."

Every situation is different and every kid is different. How many kids have we not recruited all year then jump on late only to come up short? Why don't we mention some of those misses or don't those count? Are we supposed to only count wins and not losses because I can name a bunch of losses and only 1 or 2 wins.

Advertisement

Is this going to be the new "battle cry?" Whenever we aren't in on a kid someone is going to say Remember Tracy Howard?

This reminds me of all the guys that cry over stars and the other half that has to chime in with "Santana Moss" "Russel Maryland" or "Ed Reed."

Every situation is different and every kid is different. How many kids have we not recruited all year then jump on late only to come up short? Why don't we mention some of those misses or don't those count? Are we supposed to only count wins and not losses because I can name a bunch of losses and only 1 or 2 wins.

+1

Its really not that dramatic but to add to your point, how about whenever a sub 6ft QB is out there and everyone screams "Drew Brees!" Thats my personal favorite.

This could get interesting cuz when you look at it does golden think guys like Crawford/Hope are better than hargreaves, Burns, alexander etc?

I think Crawford/Hope are solid guys who can contribute eventually however Hargreaves, Burns, Alexander are elite guys who can contribute immediately.

Advertisement
Hey, let people be optimistic at this point in the game. I mean, we are following recruiting in freaking March.

All we really need IMO is results on the field and for whatever the sanctions are going to be, we need them to be handed down already so Golden can do his thing and move us forward. The on field results is most important though. Just see USC for example. We start winning games and Golden will clean up regardless of the punishment.

Advertisement
Back