Valentine Excited about ‘Canes & Champagnat

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Champagnat (Fla.) Defensive Tackle Travonte Valentine has been playing a dual threat role for his team as he has been contributing on the defensive side as a tackle as well as helping out on the offensive line and protecting the quarterback.

The Lions are off to a great start so far as they are undefeated with a 6-0 record and being ranked as one of the top teams in South Florida.

“We just stay humble.”, Valentine said. “Every time we step on the field we get better and better. We’ve improved so much from a 2-8 record last year and the way I feel is that there is a lot of 5 star and four star prospects on my team.”

Champagnat is set for a big match up this week, as they take on foe Chaminade Madonna, which is the home of highly ranked defensive tackle and Florida commit Khairi Clark.

“I think whoever is the number one or number two D-tackle in the nation is gonna be in that game. I think he is gonna go hard with a 110% and I’m gonna go 110% and it’s just gonna come down to who plays better.”

When asked if Valentine will show off what school he is committed to for Clark, Valentine didn’t want to give anything away.

“I got something for him.”

While the Champagnat product is excited about his current team, he is also ecstatic about his future team’s play, as the Miami Hurricanes are currently 5-0 and ranked #13 in the nation

“It feels good man, I’m proud to be a Hurricane. 5-0, beating good teams and an incredible offense.”

The 6’4 320 pound linemen isn’t expecting them to play any worse and feels the Hurricanes have a great season in store.

“I think the Hurricanes are gonna finish undefeated and play in a big bowl game and we’re gonna be good.”

Valentine has taken notice to the ‘Canes defensive efforts and admires what he has seen so far.

“The defense has been playing great, the line is showing that they can contain the gap and allow the linebackers to come in and the DB’s are making picks. It’s not all about the linemen going in and making plays, it’s all about contain.”

The Miami pledge is planning on attending more Hurricane home games and is also planning an official visit in january.

When asked if Miami fans should be worried about other schools contacting Valentine, he assured the fans there are no issues.

“I’m a hundred percent ‘Cane and ‘Cane fans shouldn’t be worried at all.”

Advertisement

I love it. Good interview.

"I got something for him"

205.gif

Much improved Champagnat team. Will make a deep run in the playoffs these next couple of years

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chalmers has done a lot for the heat. He's a headache at times but that dude has put in work at times.

Advertisement
2014 Champagnat (Fla.) Defensive Tackle Travonte Valentine has been playing a dual threat role for his team as he has been contributing on the defensive side as a tackle as well as helping out on the offensive line and protecting the quarterback.

The Lions are off to a great start so far as they are undefeated with a 6-0 record and being ranked as one of the top teams in South Florida.

“We just stay humble.”, Valentine said. “Every time we step on the field we get better and better. We’ve improved so much from a 2-8 record last year and the way I feel is that there is a lot of 5 star and four star prospects on my team.”

Champagnat is set for a big match up this week, as they take on foe Chaminade Madonna, which is the home of highly ranked defensive tackle and Florida commit Khairi Clark.

“I think whoever is the number one or number two D-tackle in the nation is gonna be in that game. I think he is gonna go hard with a 110% and I’m gonna go 110% and it’s just gonna come down to who plays better.”

When asked if Valentine will show off what school he is committed to for Clark, Valentine didn’t want to give anything away.

While the Champagnat product is excited about his current team, he is also ecstatic about his future team’s play, as the Miami Hurricanes are currently 5-0 and ranked #13 in the nation

“It feels good man, I’m proud to be a Hurricane. 5-0, beating good teams and an incredible offense.”

The 6’4 320 pound linemen isn’t expecting them to play any worse and feels the Hurricanes have a great season in store.

“I think the Hurricanes are gonna finish undefeated and play in a big bowl game and we’re gonna be good.”

Valentine has taken notice to the ‘Canes defensive efforts and admires what he has seen so far.

“The defense has been playing great, the line is showing that they can contain the gap and allow the linebackers to come in and the DB’s are making picks. It’s not all about the linemen going in and making plays, it’s all about contain.”

The Miami pledge is planning on attending more Hurricane home games and is also planning an official visit in january.

When asked if Miami fans should be worried about other schools contacting Valentine, he assured the fans there are no issues.

207.gif

i must have missed the part where valentine mentioned chalmers, anyway, the d line will be solid next couple of years, it will be elite 2015 and beyond

Advertisement
i must have missed the part where valentine mentioned chalmers, anyway, the d line will be solid next couple of years, it will be elite 2015 and beyond

Originally Posted by Tito Benach

Valentine Also commented on the Miami Heat recently,

"I think Mario Chalmers is a top PG in the League."

"It’s not all about the linemen going in and making plays, it’s all about contain.”

He, just gets it.

Advertisement
Back