Valentine brings the confidence

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Travonte Valentine has no shortage of confidence, which is an important trait for all dominant defensive tackles to have. The 6-5, 320-pound lineman has been in the spotlight for a few years now as he has been committed to Louisvile, UF, and Miami. Has the attention he's received decreased since his commitment to the 'Canes?

"Nah, not really but I just ignore the media sometimes so other than that it's been great. Out of all the commits I did, I think Miami was the biggest one. I'm in the spotlight basically all the time with Kc McDermott, Chad Thomas, and Mike Smith. I'll be seeing all my teammates at the barbecue and I'll probably see guys like Johnnie Dixon and Ermon Lane so hopefully they'll pull that trigger and come to the U. It's gon' be a great feeling," said Valentine.

Valentine is extremely excited to have the opportunity to play alongside Booker T. Washington's Chad Thomas at Miami.

"They don't know what's coming. Thomas and Valentine's Day are going to be there so most definitely I can't wait for that."

The Champagnat Catholic defensive tackle has often talked about bringing the old Miami mentality back to the 'Canes. He got more specific as to what he wants to do.

"I want that old school. I'm rocking the camo hat like back in the old day where they rocked nothing but camo outfits. I already told the coaching staff don't be surprised if I only wear camo because I'm old school. Miami will be shocked when they see I bring it back."

Having played at Bayside High School his first three years of high school, Valentine is happy to be finishing his career in Miami at Champagnat.

"It's live here, not like Brevard County football. Brevard County football was boring. Dade County football is where it's at, it's real. Everybody in Dade is gon' bring it, and when I say 'bring it' they bring it hard and tough. If I make one mistake they'll hit me in the mouth."

Valentine has high hopes for his team's season. Does he think they have what it takes to win States?

"Nah, actually we'll probably win Nationals. We go to Delaware to play a top 25 team in Eastern Christian so I can't wait to play teams like that. We gon' stuff up the middle, we gon' shut down the pass, and we gon' throw it to Franklin Labady and Darnell Saloman. Our quarterback will probably scramble and score 'bout 35 points and we'll win 35-0 on national TV.

He is also confident about Miami's chances this season.

"Oh yeah, most definitely they're gon' have a good year. They'll be in a big bowl game, probably the Rose Bowl. They gon' play in some type bowl game for sure though."

**Valentine says his official nickname is "Filthy Animal"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Haha this kid is great. Calling his shots..."35-0 on national TV". Jerome Brown reincarnated as Filthy Animal T Valentine.

If the camo catches on because of him.....we back?

167.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
****, this kid and his personality might make a big impression at the bbq today. Love TV's attitude and I'm glad to see he's excited to be a Cane...

Advertisement
He's an incredible talent. If he can combine his confidence w/ great work ethic in college, he's going to be a stud.

Advertisement
He's an incredible talent. If he can combine his confidence w/ great work ethic in college, he's going to be a stud.

That's where Golden's recruiting meets the culture he is instilling. When everyone on the team is bought in when they get here, freshmen will quickly buy in and start becoming hard workers and then leaders.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back