US deaths soar past 1,000, according to Johns Hopkins University

Irresponsible headline. Insane actually.

"US Deaths move past 1000" would have been better, but that doesn't get clicks does it?

This am JH was reporting 1042. At this moment, 1555 EST, 1124.

Hardly soaring. Tragic for each one, but let's slow roll this runaway train shall we.
Again you are aiming for the stupidity award. When are you going to realize that Covid deaths occurs 14-21 days after getting into the hospital? we are basically in the first week of this pandemic. But you want sports and gatherings and factories open like nothing is going on. Have you seen that even large corporations are adjusting and closing factories to adjust to this new reality. Go out an lick a public toilet..

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
Across the top of CNBC.com this afternoon they were scrolling a link about why Covid-19 may be more deadly than the Spanish Flu. While I suppose it's possible, because we still don't have our arms around this thing yet, what was the point of that scrolling headline? To give people a rational view of the virus or to garner clicks?

Last edited:

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Again you are aiming for the stupidity award. When are you going to realize that Covid deaths occurs 14-21 days after getting into the hospital? we are basically in the first week of this pandemic. But you want sports and gatherings and factories open like nothing is going on. Have you seen that even large corporations are adjusting and closing factories to adjust to this new reality. Go out an lick a public toilet..
Aiming for? You insult me sir.

I WEAR THE CHAMP BELT!

You do realize COVID-19 HAS BEEN IN US SINCE AT LEAST DECEMBER 2019.

Your move friend.

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
We just passed China for the most cases by a nation, and we are just getting started
I'm counting on a million confirmed cases in the U.S. before the end of April. The only thing that really tells us is that our testing is now on overdrive. Within a couple of weeks we will have the most tests per capita in the world. This virus is EVERYWHERE and has likely been spreading for months.