Updated IC/scholarship numbers (as of May 26, 2022)

Thanks Oldham. I also read on another thread that Tyler Johnson is gone. That would make 4 recent departures with Troutman, Worsham, Walker, Johnson.

Not going to lie, I still see a lot of question marks on that roster.
* Some won't ever see any meaningful snaps. Matocha being the most obvious, along with Reed (graduation?), Redding, K Washington and Harrell
* Medical enigmas like Campbell and Brooks. Really, really, really hoping Chaney isn't in this club!
* Guys that look the part but the light hasn't turned on yet like Huff and Chris Washington

Mario needs 1 more Top 10 class + portal season to get the Canes to the depth of talent the team really needs to compete with the big boys. And while we're top quartile ACC at most positions now, we are sorely lacking those elite difference makers. How many Day 1 / Day 2 kids do you see on this roster, much less All Pro types like we used to pump out every year?

Advertisement
So we are almost right at the allowable number as things stand right now, and that will only change if we add more players from the portal, thereby necessitating an indetermine albeit small (between one and five) number of players to leave/go-off scholarship.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Yep.

@rok, you kept Clay James on your list, but removed Ragone, which is why you're splitting the difference between TOC's 84 without PWOs and 85 with PWOs.
Diaz gave out like 6-8 scholarships to slapdick walk-ons, but does that mean Crisco has to honor them?

Diaz gave out like 6-8 scholarships to slapdick walk-ons, but does that mean Crisco has to honor them?
You know the answer to that already. No.

Some want to make a morale argument. That’s nonsensical to me. A PWO who even gets one year full athletic scholarship should feel honored.

Advertisement

Some want to make a morale argument. That’s nonsensical to me. A PWO who even gets one year full athletic scholarship should feel honored.

Sorry, just saw your response.

Yeah, that CaneInMe poster was fighting with me about Clay freakin James.

The only PWOs who have gotten real playing time are Ragone and James. And even those are not 100% guaranteed, regardless of what CaneInMe says.

I kept James since it isn't uncommon to have a LS on scholarship. They are getting drafted now even.

Advertisement
If anyone knows the status on transfers Agude, Denis, Porter Jr. or Johnson, just let me know.

Otherwise, updated.

And once the IC rule is waived, you can ignore the stuff on the ICs.

According to this article they are enrolled.

1653603471855.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back