Updated IC/scholarship numbers (as of May 26, 2022)

You are correct, and I have been updating it. I will post a new one every time somone enters the Portal.
When I see guys like Daz Worsham, Cleveland Reed, Traore and guys that will never play here like Matocha (no offense to this guy, I'm all about a veteran backup QBs, but he won't play here) still on the roster, I know its just a matter of time. Especially with a new staff coming in, those post-spring conversations the staff will be having with some of these players will be pretty telling for those players (and more), I'm sure.

I also see some starting spots open at WR (I like our group fine enough, but way too many question marks), offensive line, defensive line, linebacker. sheesh.

Advertisement
When I see guys like Daz Worsham, Cleveland Reed, Traore and guys that will never play here like Matocha (no offense to this guy, I'm all about a veteran backup QBs, but he won't play here) still on the roster, I know its just a matter of time. Especially with a new staff coming in, those post-spring conversations the staff will be having with some of these players will be pretty telling for those players (and more), I'm sure.

I also see some starting spots open at WR (I like our group fine enough, but way too many question marks), offensive line, defensive line, linebacker. sheesh.

I see no lies in what you post. Just gotta let things play out. I'm hearing that we will "lose" enough guys that the numbers shouldn't be a major problem.

Roster will look significantly different, both with comings and goings.

I see no lies in what you post. Just gotta let things play out. I'm hearing that we will "lose" enough guys that the numbers shouldn't be a major problem.

Roster will look significantly different, both with comings and goings.
Oh, I am sure we'll be shedding Manny level mid-talent very quickly. Some of those convos these players will have with the new staff will likely shock them.

Oh, I am sure we'll be shedding Manny level mid-talent very quickly. Some of those convos these players will have with the new staff will likely shock them.

Plus anyone who is dumb enough to get intro trouble during the break between now and summer camp as well. These guys know that **** won't be tolerated by Mario.

Plus anyone who is dumb enough to get intro trouble during the break between now and summer camp as well. These guys know that **** won't be tolerated by Mario.
I'd hope these dudes stay about their business only and don't make it easy. They have to be cognizant that the staff WANTS to cut to make room.

Advertisement
So after removing C Brown, we’re currently somewhere around 88 scholarship players including the PWOs Parrot, James and Ragone who were given ships at some point? Is that correct? Gojira, I’m pretty sure ElGammal is long gone.

Which means we need to find 3 kids that won’t be on scholarship even before we get a 1-for-1 swap of outbound to inbound portalers. No offense to any PWO because I get the fact they’re loyal and great glue guys. But you have to lump them in the expendable category. If we’re seeing guys like C Brown go because they’re buried on the depth chart, it’s reasonable to have that talk with guys like Parrot.

That gets us roughly at parity, where we do the 1-1 swapping. Just look at that roster. Can you find 7 guys who would probably leave if they had a place to land? I can EASILY. In fact, I can see why some guys are talking about 10+ departures not even counting the PWOs, though I hope we don’t see that much turnover tbh.
I haven't been able to find out anything about El Gammal. I know he was going to leave as of March 2021, but then read later last year that he backed out. Has he been seen in practices? If not, that's one to remove.

I haven't been able to find out anything about El Gammal. I know he was going to leave as of March 2021, but then read later last year that he backed out. Has he been seen in practices? If not, that's one to remove.

Not sure what you are saying here. You were the one who posted the list with multiple names of guys who are no longer on the roster.

Go to the UM website. That is the latest and greatest roster.

Not sure what your source was, but it's not the most recent info.

TOC… my dude.

How are you going you to tell me to check my ego when you saying sorry stuff like “your precious feelings” and “inside track to a game worn jersey”. Come on. You are mad but I was trying to get the correct count like everyone else. No feelings about Clay James or his position. I was making some points but not with my feelings. “Most experienced starter” was a stretch but I said that in my post. Most “starts” would have been more correct. Yes, i consider Class of 2018 guys like W Mallory, Scaife, DJ Ivey more experienced, but technically not more starts. My point remains the same though. The kid counts until he leaves. Mario is not looking at a 3 yr starter thinking “He is the guy who needs to leave”. Mario is looking at someone who isn’t starting or close to, is not contributing, is not learning the systems, who sleeps at meetings, who is late to meetings, who has locker room issues, etc. You know “issue” guys. He is not trying to replace a piece of the puzzle unless it is necessary.

Side note from your post you said “If MANNY has scholarships to give after the portal activity is over”.

Typos happen, right? You will not see me drag you over it though, nor will I talk down to you.

I still like you and think you post good info here but be grown. You do not have to like it. I did not like some OLine dudes hanging out stealing Miami money. At least James contributes on Saturdays!

Speaking of stealing money. ElGammel is still using/taking a football scholarship. As crazy as it sounds, it is true. I would count him until you see an announcement about a transfer. He used a COVID opt-out and then medical redshirt (similar to I. Walker last season) I was told summer decision on his medical status. Yes, I asked because I did not believe it either. Nothing can change until medical staff makes a decision. The new staff has to be counting his spot as open for a transfer guy. He has not been with the team for 2 full seasons. Pretty unusual situation. For now, he is one of the 85 though.

Look, you are not going to passive-aggressive back your way out of a fight that you picked. This is the kind of stuff that always happens on this board. Someone posts something visual, to help people see things, and then worthless posters such as yourself feel entitled to attack the people who provide that information.

Don't lie about "no feelings about Clay James or his position". You made your feels abundantly clear. Just be honest about it and own it. Regardless of your dishonesty, you are hilariously dishonest. I'm going to keep laughing about a long snapper having "the most starts". Good stuff. Regardless, James does not "count until he leaves". You falsely claim to be such an advocate for accuracy, yet you continually make incorrect statements like that.

Your bvllsh!te is so obvious. "Oh, I'm not going to drag you over a typo. I'll point it out and capitalize it and mention it, but I won't drag you". Try looking in the mirror and then repeat what you typed. I guarantee even you will laugh at yourself.

And for the love of God, stop talking about Adam El-Gammal. He's not on the roster. Which, of course, I made clear was my starting point, THE ROSTER. I realize why UM cannot re-award his scholarship at this moment. And you can "ask" people all you'd like, but the most clear indication of what Mario is going to do is the fact that El-Gammal is no longer on the roster. If you want to put him back on the roster, and then start the CaneInMe Truther thread with your version of the roster, knock yourself out.

Again, you expose your selective knowledge when you say that El-Gammal took a medical redshirt, which is just not true. A medical redshirt cannot be granted until after 5 years, and the NCAA has to review the medical records before granting the extra year of eligibility. Some players are even denied the medical redshirt year. El-Gammal took a NORMAL redshirt (plus the COVID year), and he MIGHT be eligible for a medical redshirt year if he ever comes back.

You are entitled to your opinions about whether "the medical staff" has to make a decision that binds Mario, because that is a well-known joke too. Mario can do whatever he wants to do in relation to El-Gammal. Let's not even pretend like these are "medical evaluations" that are binding, as we just had a Miami player go in the first round of the draft, a guy who was "medically retired" when he was at UCLA, which happens to have one of the best med schools and doctor staffs in the country. Regardless, El-Gammal isn't coming back, and if Mario thought there was some possibility of that happening, he'd still be on the roster. Do you honestly believe we are targeting as many OLs in the Portal as we are because Mario expects to keep El-Gammal on the active roster?

Hilarious.

Advertisement
Not sure what you are saying here. You were the one who posted the list with multiple names of guys who are no longer on the roster.

Go to the UM website. That is the latest and greatest roster.

Not sure what your source was, but it's not the most recent info.
Source (so to speak) was something I remember reading here. But you're right, he's no longer listed as an active member - last year cited was 2020. He must not have returned after all for 2022.

Just out of curiosity - who else on the list sticks out as incorrect at present. I don't know the status of the walkons who were given scholarships in the last year or two.

Source (so to speak) was something I remember reading here. But you're right, he's no longer listed as an active member - last year cited was 2020. He must not have returned after all for 2022.

Just out of curiosity - who else on the list sticks out as incorrect at present. I don't know the status of the walkons who were given scholarships in the last year or two.

I mentioned Parrott as one. Regardless of "technical NCAA eligibility", I believe he has moved on with his life.

I believe that Zalontae Hillery is another. I agree, there was some back-and-forth on him too, but he is not on the roster at this time. It's not your fault or anyone's fault, we are conditioned to think "everyone who leaves UM will enter the Portal", but I'm not sure that Hillery did and/or that anyone wanted him.

Those are the three that jumped out at me. I've tried to be very honest and transparent about my list, my starting point is the current roster. And I think the numbers support that. Meaning, if we sign 7 more Portal guys, then we need to lose 10 transfers-out (if we want to keep our "most experienced returning starters" Ryan Ragone and Clay James on scholarship).

Both of those numbers (7-in, 10-out) are consistent with things that I've been hearing.

But if Parrott, Hillery, and El-Gammal were all coming back? Yeah, doesn't make sense. And, again, I'm not saying that CaneInMe doesn't occasionally make some good points, but he also says things that are inaccurate as well.

Man Flagg and Ragone have been double teaming lots of dudes' girls around here..
Ragone is fine
And it’s not personal with Flagg
He’s just really bad
In any industry when your objectively bad at what you do, you should be replaced

I mentioned Parrott as one. Regardless of "technical NCAA eligibility", I believe he has moved on with his life.

I believe that Zalontae Hillery is another. I agree, there was some back-and-forth on him too, but he is not on the roster at this time. It's not your fault or anyone's fault, we are conditioned to think "everyone who leaves UM will enter the Portal", but I'm not sure that Hillery did and/or that anyone wanted him.

Those are the three that jumped out at me. I've tried to be very honest and transparent about my list, my starting point is the current roster. And I think the numbers support that. Meaning, if we sign 7 more Portal guys, then we need to lose 10 transfers-out (if we want to keep our "most experienced returning starters" Ryan Ragone and Clay James on scholarship).

Both of those numbers (7-in, 10-out) are consistent with things that I've been hearing.

But if Parrott, Hillery, and El-Gammal were all coming back? Yeah, doesn't make sense. And, again, I'm not saying that CaneInMe doesn't occasionally make some good points, but he also says things that are inaccurate as well.
Thanks - State of the U (https://www.stateoftheu.com/2022/3/...offensive-line-alex-mirabal-acc-coastal-mario) had Hillery listed as a backup going into spring practices. Is he now definitively done?

Advertisement
@PIPO where you at
Bill Murray Im Here GIF by Groundhog Day

Advertisement
Thanks - State of the U (https://www.stateoftheu.com/2022/3/...offensive-line-alex-mirabal-acc-coastal-mario) had Hillery listed as a backup going into spring practices. Is he now definitively done?

He's not on the roster and nobody has seen him. I'd be willing to bet that Hillery has been given carte blanche to find a new home, but hasn't found any takers.

Again, keep these kids in class, let them graduate, but giving them a scholarship in August 2022? Yeah, I don't see it happening.

Advertisement
Back