• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Updated IC/scholarship numbers (as of May 1, 2022)

TheOriginalCane

All American
Premium
1651596803227.png

Last edited:

johnnytsunami01

Sophomore
Haven't we already reach the 7 transfer players this year or did some that transferred in the winter count for last year?

Mi.Cane

Recruit
Haven't we already reach the 7 transfer players this year or did some that transferred in the winter count for last year?
I believe since we signed such a small class this cycle we have room for more.

14 signed in 22 class
Leaving 11 spots for 25
If we have 7 portal out that adds another 7 for us.
That would mean 32 total. I believe kids who portal in can be more than 7 as long as we have room in the class as a whole.

freeman84

fan
I saw one place they said 7 and another they said As part of NCAA rules, teams can add one player to their incoming recruiting class for every departure to the transfer portal, up to a maximum of 32 players via incoming freshmen and transfers so long as it doesn't push them over the maximum scholarship allotment of 85.

TheOriginalCane

All American
Premium
I believe since we signed such a small class this cycle we have room for more.

14 signed in 22 class
Leaving 11 spots for 25
If we have 7 portal out that adds another 7 for us.
That would mean 32 total. I believe kids who portal in can be more than 7 as long as we have room in the class as a whole.

Nope. We don't have 25 (normal). Manny burned 3 of our current-year ICs on 2021 grayshirts.

CaneInMe

Recruit
Nelson Foley was a blueshirt meaning he counts for 2022.
He started in the Fall
A grayshirt would come in January.

Also, you missed our snapper Clay James (Class of 2018). Technically a grayshirt because his scholarship started in January 2019. Since he enrolled for Fall camp, he was announced as a PWO. Hartley & Richt promised the scholarship in January which they awarded. You can listen to 247 Podcast and he explains.

I did not realize we had other grayshirts. They are rare because they come with risk.

Ragone is not a wildcard. He is on scholarship and that will not change unless he leaves the team. Pulling a scholarship is bad business. You do not have to agree but it absolutely is a bad look especially when a kid is doing everything the staff asks of him. You can think it is a waste but Ragone is well liked and respected for his hard work. Tons guys who never step foot on the field but on scholarship. Ragone is a contributor on Special Teams… like it or not.

TheOriginalCane

All American
Premium
Nelson Foley was a blueshirt meaning he counts for 2022.
He started in the Fall
A grayshirt would come in January.

Also, you missed our snapper Clay James (Class of 2018). Technically a grayshirt because his scholarship started in January 2019. Since he enrolled for Fall camp, he was announced as a PWO. Hartley & Richt promised the scholarship in January which they awarded. You can listen to 247 Podcast and he explains.

I did not realize we had other grayshirts. They are rare because they come with risk.

Clay James doesn't count, he never signed an LOI, and the promise of a former coach (let alone two coaches ago) doesn't mean anything. It's a one-year renewable, if Mario decides to renew it.

There's a difference between kids who sign LOIs and walk-ons being awarded scholarships. If we have remaining scholarships, then Ragone and/or James can have them, and if we don't, we are under no obligation to award them. And I onlyl listed Ragone because he actually played on defense last year. But no long snapper is getting a locked-in guaranteed scholarship for 4 years.