2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt realise how bad our current ones were
u were right my man
normally i would always take oline over wr
but not in this case
its a passing sport and you win when you can actually pass the ball. take the niners. they had one of the best rushing attacks in the league last year but their QB and pass game as a result held them back. McVay does both well from a scheme standpoint and it gets results overnight. you need WRs and you need to be able to functionally pass if you want to win. we run the ball really well so far but even after all that, we had 9 points. it negated everything we did well on offense.

Advertisement
Long way to go til NSD guys….

Passing attack wasn’t pretty Saturday but a lot of opportunity to sell in December if we are 9-3 and playing in Charlotte. Mario signed the 2 highest rated WR recruits in Oregon history in 2021, 2 national top 65 guys in Troy Franklin and Dont’e Thornton after they went 4-3, starting QB threw for 1500/13/6, and won the conference in a shortened covid season. One kid was from Baltimore, the other was from Cali. So no, they weren’t local kids that were lay ups for Mario.

I’m just saying, relax. This is recruiting and making concrete statements in September about a kid that has already been down twice on his own dime can come back to bite. We **** sure aren’t going to stop trying and while Oregon looked good on Saturday, a lot of ball left for them as well. Everyone just woosah.

Advertisement
Long way to go til NSD guys….

Passing attack wasn’t pretty Saturday but a lot of opportunity to sell in December if we are 9-3 and playing in Charlotte. Mario signed the 2 highest rated WR recruits in Oregon history in 2021, 2 national top 65 guys in Troy Franklin and Dont’e Thornton after they went 4-3, starting QB threw for 1500/13/6, and won the conference in a shortened covid season. One kid was from Baltimore, the other was from Cali. So no, they weren’t local kids that were lay ups for Mario.

I’m just saying, relax. This is recruiting and making concrete statements in September about a kid that has already been down twice on his own dime can come back to bite. We **** sure aren’t going to stop trying and while Oregon looked good on Saturday, a lot of ball left for them as well. Everyone just woosah.
While you are correct about the passing attack. In this recruiting era with these 5 stars only one thing matters… CASH money. We know Oregon won’t go cheap and maybe there OC takes the ASU job.

i didnt realise how bad our current ones were
u were right my man
normally i would always take oline over wr
but not in this case
Pretty much. Especially since we’ve already locked down a great OL class. I would’ve taken Samson too but at this point, give me who we have and ****ey or Tyler Williams or some equivalent. I couldn’t imagine it was this bad and would stay this bad with no WR1 or 2 rising up.

We threw the ball 41 times... That's appealing to an elite WR...
For comparison sake, Oregon threw it 20 times in their win against BYU. In their loss against UGA they threw it 37 times when they were losing bigly. They did manage 41 throws with 3 different QB's against E. Washington

Advertisement
Need him and Tyler Williams. Combine them with Ray Ray and Washington definitely is a huge start in turning this WR room around. We need to bigger targets to go with Ray Ray and Washington but not just guys who are big and suck like Ladson. 4 recruits and at least two portal WRs

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he’s ain’t coming, so be it. Throw a LifeWallet at him!

But seriously, sticking with Oregon makes no sense if he’s leary of the Canes offense. The Ducks have Moore committed, but we have Rashada.

Is he a silent for or flipping to USC or something?

Or is Coral Gables too far from NorCal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back