UM takes home Charleston Classic Title

U

User-4525

UM takes home Charleston Classic Title

a3FL9c7.jpg

With Thanksgiving around the corner, ‘Canes fans should be thankful. We have life, liberty, and Larrañaga. Canes basketball is all we have right now because baseball is in training and football is vastly underachieving, again. While football, currently with 6 wins, is fighting for their lives to finish the regular season with 7 wins, Miami basketball is close to securing 6 wins by the end of November...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Superb write-up and right on with the assessment of this team, the good and the bad, oh you had to bring up football and make it he ugly as well. Appreciate your work and look forward to this season.

Advertisement
Its my impression that we have played better defense in zone than man-to-man.

Jakiri has trouble making easy shots around the basket. He has good hands and catches the ball well for a big man. He is also a good passer. I like him taking the mid-range jumper. He has to stay out of foul trouble.

Its my impression that we have played better defense in zone than man-to-man.

Jakiri has trouble making easy shots around the basket. He has good hands and catches the ball well for a big man. He is also a good passer. I like him taking the mid-range jumper. He has to stay out of foul trouble.

He had a really nice move by pump faking to draw the AND1 against Charolette.

I prefer us playing zone to man too

Sherman, Thomas and Palmer are nice additions to the team. Good offensively but I want to see better d than the game against S. Alabama.

Last seasons D was strictly zone, plus Coach L really tried to run the clock down to limit the opposing teams possessions. That really helped the team. With better offensive punch they are not holding on to the ball as long, hence there will be a lot more possessions to defend this season.

On the plus side, Coach L has some late game scoring to win games. Last season was a struggle to score late.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back