UM offers 2022 #1 CB Khamauri Rogers (COMMITS!)

this place is mental Af!!
This kid has had offers from the big sec coaches and schools since he was in 8th grade.
Tf is going on here man??!! I think He was still regarded as the number one corner even after he backed off from LSU.

Advertisement
His ball skills are needed in this secondary. He's a baseball player and a WR.

I don't see a Day 1 starter (he's slight) but a clear 4* with big upside. He's also a coach's son.

He just moved up 8 spots in the Rivals 250 that dropped this morning. Was 47th overall, he's now sitting at 39th. Of course, I trust the evals a lot more around here than Rivals, so I suggest we cut off all communication immediately. But there are at least some dummies out there who think he's a good prospect. Jokes on them though, a guy from Hialeah who changes oil for a living told me he stinks.

Advertisement
I mean go look at the top CBs in the NFL right now. Good majority of those guys are between 5'10-6'0 and weigh around 190-200lbs. Completely possible for Khamauri to hit those numbers. Guys like Casey Heyward, Tre White, Marcus Peters, Marlon Humphrey, Marshon Lattimore, Chris Harris, Darius Slay, Desmond King, Denzel Ward, etc are all around those measurements and have been highly successful. Not that Khaumari is going to be any of those guys but I'd say measurable concerns on him are a bit premature.
Those are decent frame comparisons. Both are very assertive/confident in press and wiry strong. We'll see if Rogers can play like that. Jason Verrett is another one in that mold. Those guys are the exceptions. Rogers seems like a finesse player but you never know.
Off the top of my head of guys not in the league look at Brent Grimes who was a monster at hisbest
Yeah one of the best off-man/Quarters cover corners to ever do it imo. Just don't ask him to tackle. Rogers is taller than him but Grimes was freakish with his explosion as a leaper and breaking out of his pedal.

His ball skills are needed in this secondary. He's a baseball player and a WR.

I don't see a Day 1 starter (he's slight) but a clear 4* with big upside. He's also a coach's son.

the thing that jumps out at me especially in the camp videos is how fluid he is. Super fluid in his hips and not a lot of wasted movements. Is not electric but a really good athlete with good awareness/acumen. Easy take.

Advertisement
The kid is arguably the numero uno CB in the nation this cycle. Humongous pull if Trob and DVD can close. He will gain weight.
Travis Hunter is one of the highest rated CBs to come out of HS in the last 25 years. I like KR but as a prospect Hunter >>>>, and F the Noles as well, hope he kicks them before signing day.

Typical CIS. We are at the finish line **** near with a top CB prospect nationally and now its time to break him down and talk ourselves out of wanting him. LOL. Smh. Now we bring up his size like a 5'11 170lb corner is too small as a HS senior???? Didnt we learn ANYTHING from Asante Samuel Jr's recruitment??
That last line. Bingo. Al Blades and DJ Ivey are your prototypical CB in terms of size and athleticism. Very little coverage and ball hawk skills between both of them. I would choose Asante Samuel jr who is one of the more gifted Cb in coverage over both of them any day of the week, 2x on Sunday. Khamauri rogers is a take all day.

Advertisement
That was a real good interview his pops seems like a real good guy. Said they have a good relationship with T-Rob, DVD, and Cooney and he has known Cooney for a couple years. He also said a decision is coming real soon and once he commits that's it he is shutting it down!

Advertisement
Facts. It’s okay to acknowledge someone’s weaknesses along with their strengths. He literally said he could be Adoree Jackson idk how that could be considered an insult.

High Seas was also the first one to say with conviction that Zion would be significantly better than his rating. Dude calls it how he sees it, and for a free message board with a bunch of idiots, offers up some pretty good analysis.

Yeah I dont get it, he gave an honest scouting report that also had good points to it. He literally said Rogers has the upside of a Pac 12 Defensive freshman of the year and NFL pro bowl player.

I dont always agree with HighSeas, thought he was way off on guys like Bresee and Kinchens but he gives reasoning behind his thoughts and makes his own judgment without outside influence. I respect that, wish we had more posters who are thoughtful and objective as opposed the mope/slurp squads that gear up for battle every day.

That was a real good interview his pops seems like a real good guy. Said they have a good relationship with T-Rob, DVD, and Cooney and he has known Cooney for a couple years. He also said a decision is coming real soon and once he commits that's it he is shutting it down!
I feel that when Miami missed out on Henderson/Jobe/Surtain/Campbell/Stevenson, Manny and Cooney set a plan in motion to build a long term with an elite underclassmen corner. Almost at the finish line...

Advertisement
Back