UM offers 2022 #1 CB Khamauri Rogers (COMMITS!)

You can't just put on weight out of thin air. I was one of the people who believed Zion had an NFL frame. Rogers has an extremely thin lower half.

The point isn't to tear him down and say he sucks. The point is his lack of size explains why certain schools aren't interested and he's falling on 247 ranks. It's not that you can't be good at that size it's moreso that it limits your options for scheme and skillset. He's more of an off-man, press-bail and zone corner.

Athleticism and length is not an issue for him. He's not short with short arms and average-ish traits like the Samuel types - I didn't like Samuel and imo he's just a zone corner. He's just not gonna be a physical presence pressing at the line or in run support (but he can still get the job done as a cut tackler like you see in his highlights). If he signs with Miami it's up to the coaches to develop him. As I said his ceiling is an Adoree Jackson type.

He has plenty to work with. I agree. When you know how the rankings work and you know it’s not based on straight talent/skill then you would kind of agree with him falling a little bit because of his think lower half. It’s heigh/weight athleticism ranking scale.. then they account for production

Advertisement
Where is this height thing coming from? Everything I've seen has him 6'1 or 6'2

Same. I don't get the height issue. Even if you don't believe the 6-1, I'm guessing he's closer to 5-11. My guess is that folks are more concerned about his weight and frame.

Same. I don't get the height issue. Even if you don't believe the 6-1, I'm guessing he's closer to 5-11. My guess is that folks are more concerned about his weight and frame.
Yeah, most site have him around 6-1, 150-160. IRL that means my man is 5'11, 145, but he is in HS and if he can cover he can cover. Not worried.

Advertisement
I mean go look at the top CBs in the NFL right now. Good majority of those guys are between 5'10-6'0 and weigh around 190-200lbs. Completely possible for Khamauri to hit those numbers. Guys like Casey Heyward, Tre White, Marcus Peters, Marlon Humphrey, Marshon Lattimore, Chris Harris, Darius Slay, Desmond King, Denzel Ward, etc are all around those measurements and have been highly successful. Not that Khaumari is going to be any of those guys but I'd say measurable concerns on him are a bit premature.

I mean go look at the top CBs in the NFL right now. Good majority of those guys are between 5'10-6'0 and weigh around 190-200lbs. Completely possible for Khamauri to hit those numbers. Guys like Casey Heyward, Tre White, Marcus Peters, Marlon Humphrey, Marshon Lattimore, Chris Harris, Darius Slay, Desmond King, Denzel Ward, etc are all around those measurements and have been highly successful. Not that Khaumari is going to be any of those guys but I'd say measurable concerns on him are a bit premature.
You left out the best CB in the L, Jaire Alexander, around 5'10.

Advertisement
Off the top of my head of guys not in the league look at Brent Grimes who was a monster at hisbest

This board should but shut down until the season starts lol. I can’t believe some of the sh*t that has been posted last few pages.

CIS: Rumph should die, we can’t recruit a Top 100 CB to save our lives!!!! Hire someone competent like T-Rob!!

*Manny hires T-Rob. Within seconds, Miami getting crystal balls for a top 100 CB*

CIS: Yeah, but this kid sucks!

This site, above all else, is a constant reminder of why we have the worst fans in the history of athletic competition. A beacon, if you will, for the dimmest and dumbest.

Advertisement
CIS: Rumph should die, we can’t recruit a Top 100 CB to save our lives!!!! Hire someone competent like T-Rob!!

*Manny hires T-Rob. Within seconds, Miami getting crystal balls for a top 100 CB*

CIS: Yeah, but this kid sucks!

This site, above all else, is a constant reminder of why we have the worst fans in the history of athletic competition. A beacon, if you will, for the dimmest and dumbest.
A****ingmen

Advertisement
You can't just put on weight out of thin air. I was one of the people who believed Zion had an NFL frame. Rogers has an extremely thin lower half.

The point isn't to tear him down and say he sucks. The point is his lack of size explains why certain schools aren't interested and he's falling on 247 ranks. It's not that you can't be good at that size it's moreso that it limits your options for scheme and skillset. He's more of an off-man, press-bail and zone corner.

Athleticism and length is not an issue for him. He's not short with short arms and average-ish traits like the Samuel types - I didn't like Samuel and imo he's just a zone corner. He's just not gonna be a physical presence pressing at the line or in run support (but he can still get the job done as a cut tackler like you see in his highlights). If he signs with Miami it's up to the coaches to develop him. As I said his ceiling is an Adoree Jackson type.

Again, his size is fine. He's bigger than Couch was and he was a guy a lot of people didn't think would be able to put on weight or be physical enough and that didn't turn out to be true at all.

Advertisement
Back