UM offers 2022 #1 CB Khamauri Rogers (COMMITS!)

Nice update by Gabi:

cliffnotes
-Rogers and DVD/Cooney relationship runs back two years and is very strong. Family is very comfortable with UM

-Top5 this weekend and we’re in it.

-OV in June and he’s trying to unofficial visit prior.

-Cooney was on FT with him during the scrimmage. Loves the warm weather.

Advertisement
When your DB coach can say he has 20 former players in the league, it probably warrants giving Miami a hard look. I mean, we will always lose players to Bama and OSU, but its losing kids to FSU, USCe, Nebraska, and Indiana that has sucked. I hope and pray those days are over with this staff.

Advertisement
CB has such a different feel to it.

Whoever the new recruiting director is deserves a lot of credit

Live look at UM's Assistant Director of Football Recruiting in his office (but whatever you do, just do not touch his stapler):

Square Simple.jpg

Nice update by Gabi:

cliffnotes
-Rogers and DVD/Cooney relationship runs back two years and is very strong. Family is very comfortable with UM

-Top5 this weekend and we’re in it.

-OV in June and he’s trying to unofficial visit prior.

-Cooney was on FT with him during the scrimmage. Loves the warm weather.
Don't forget that the source said he has "unofficially visited Coral Gables more than once". I knew he had been down here this year with his 7V7 team but don't remember any other time that has been mentioned publicly. Could be nothing but may be a very important nugget....

Advertisement
Miami is going hard after Rogers and ***an and if they now turn up the heat on Humphry,the local cbs better jump on board and secure their spot or they may be left out.
Left out CB at Miami? Lol. A bit of reach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like our chances with Khamauri as of now...

What I’m waiting on is to see what happens once the indeterminate Dead period is lifted & he starts visiting SEC campuses, will we have a strong enough appeal to keep him interested for the long haul. I still remember when Daran Branch (a Louisiana kid) was all Miami & even gave us an early verbal, stayed with us until like November, then all of the sudden we started hearing about sick Grand pappy’s & wanting to stay close to home before the inevitable decommit happened & wound up signing with UGA.

Same thing with Jardin Gilbert last year, he was high on Miami in the Spring/Summer, but once it became apparent we were going hard for the local kids he fell out of the plans, at one point he was considering committing though, but even if he did he more than likely would’ve still de-commd anyway.

That’s the only caution & hesitation I have with getting too giddy about kids from deep in SEC country, they all love Miami in the Spring/Summer before they start taking visits & making their rounds to Bama, UGA, LSU, TAMU, Ole Miss etc, we’re always an intriguing team to those kids early in the process, but once it’s crunch time & NSD nears closer we usually don’t get’em or if we had’em we end up losing’em.

We’ll know where we stand with Rogers come Sep-Nov, if he’s still high on us then, we may just end up with a big time steal from Mississippi.

Advertisement
Back