UM offers 2022 #1 CB Khamauri Rogers (COMMITS!)

That’s fair a point, but crootin is still crootin.

One thing that don’t change is when the SEC wants one of their own to stay home, they have a very per$uasive way of convincing kids in their own backyard to stay home.

I think things have changed in terms of us being able to recruit local South FL CB’s which we’ve struggled mightily doing for the last 5 years, but it still remains to be seen if things have changed so much that we can go deep in the heart of SEC country at a place like Mississippi & snatch up a borderline 5-star Corner...

We shall see.

I agree again...like I said just playing devils advocate. Hoping things swing our way for once

Advertisement

One thing that don’t change is when the SEC wants one of their own to stay home, they have a very per$uasive way of convincing kids in their own backyard to stay home.

I think things have changed in terms of us being able to recruit local South FL CB’s which we’ve struggled mightily doing for the last 5 years, but it still remains to be seen if things have changed so much that we can go deep in the heart of SEC country at a place like Mississippi & snatch up a borderline 5-star Corner...

We shall see.
agreed, and imo it’s beyond the $. They can effectively punish the families of kids who leave in some instances. It’s an implicit threat but people get it...or at least feel the pressure.

Honestly Blades prolly never sees the field at OSU cause the younger guys will be five stars. Guys like that either transfer at those places or injuries get them on the field. Just being honest about it
I disagre. Blades would’ve seen the field by year 3. I think at times, and it’s understandable not everyone is just a pure CFB fan like me and others (Not saying u don’t pay attention to Other games) we either overrate other teams talent/production or heavily scrutinize our guys here because we pay such close attention.

i agree at first glance you look at LSU DBs and see the studs, but if you watch them they give up plays to no matter the star system. They ain’t all Petersons bruh lol. Plenty of those kids highly ranked get lost in the shuffle. Blades is certainly good enough to play sSEC ball from a talent standpoin. I just hate he was rushed into heavy duty do to the state of the program

Advertisement
agreed, and imo it’s beyond the $. They can effectively punish the families of kids who leave in some instances. It’s an implicit threat but people get it...or at least feel the pressure.

Ethnic, its actually a double whammy because the families also lose out on the perks they would have received IF their kid had opted to stay home. So, even if they don't threaten to snatch your job away, you also know that there's no way in **** you're going to get the cushy job either.

Advertisement
July commitment pending. Safe bet is Ole Miss but I don’t expect us to throw in the towel either way.

Advertisement

We shall see.
Aint no way we’re pulling a big time kid from deep sec territory away from sec. not sure we ever could. Definitely not these days. Imo.

Advertisement
Takeaways from a tourney this past weekend:

GLENDALE, Ariz. — A large group of the nation’s top prospects descended on the desert this past weekend to compete at the Battle 7-on-7 Phoenix event. The fast-paced, 30-minute contests produced a number of top performers from all parts of the country, including Khamauri Rogers.

In terms of pure ball skills and shielding wideouts, Rogers was a natural on the perimeter for the Bootleggers. The Top247 prospect from Lexington (Miss.) Holmes County has a high-upside frame with length and room to fill out, and we really liked his toughness matching up one on one against quality pass-catchers.

Ole Miss currently holds a lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Bootleggers featured a handful of Power Five defensive backs in its secondary and the 6-foot-1, 168-pound Rogers was perhaps the most assertive of the bunch. He bumped receivers at the line of scrimmage without the need to tug and pull, and showed tremendous concentration in swatting away potential touchdowns over the top.

Rogers is the nation's No. 61 overall prospect, No. 7 among cornerbacks and No. 1 in the state of Mississippi, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

Takeaways from a tourney this past weekend:

GLENDALE, Ariz. — A large group of the nation’s top prospects descended on the desert this past weekend to compete at the Battle 7-on-7 Phoenix event. The fast-paced, 30-minute contests produced a number of top performers from all parts of the country, including Khamauri Rogers.

In terms of pure ball skills and shielding wideouts, Rogers was a natural on the perimeter for the Bootleggers. The Top247 prospect from Lexington (Miss.) Holmes County has a high-upside frame with length and room to fill out, and we really liked his toughness matching up one on one against quality pass-catchers.

Ole Miss currently holds a lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Bootleggers featured a handful of Power Five defensive backs in its secondary and the 6-foot-1, 168-pound Rogers was perhaps the most assertive of the bunch. He bumped receivers at the line of scrimmage without the need to tug and pull, and showed tremendous concentration in swatting away potential touchdowns over the top.

Rogers is the nation's No. 61 overall prospect, No. 7 among cornerbacks and No. 1 in the state of Mississippi, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.
Getting a kid like this is how you close the gap on the big guys. Landing elite local talent is great, but we need to be able to close on a few elite OOS guys as well like the Bamas, OSUs, UGAs and Clemsons of the world.

Advertisement
Back