UM offers 2022 #1 CB Khamauri Rogers (COMMITS!)

You're crazy if you think Blades, Ivey, and Stevenson will all be back in '22. I'd expect, and tell recruits that we expect all 3 of them to leave.

If they stay, it'll be a surprise. They'll be finished with 4 years of college, have their degrees, and have started for 3 years. If they're not happy with their draft status by then, they're never going to be.
Where are Blades and Ivey going? Transferring? At least one of them isn't going to start. Both may be backups in 2021 if Couch has anything to say about it.

Who knows with Stevenson. Depends on his draft grade. Does he get injured and not play a full season? So many things can happen. Tbd.

There's no reason to have to sell recruits on vacancies as we are already short handed. Even if all the CB's come back in 2022, that's no reason for a recruit not to come as they would see a lot of playing time in year 2 if not year 1.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol exactly. Leonard Taylor and James are top 15 players in their class. Those are bigger wins than a top 100 CB just bc that CB is out of state.

Talent is talent, idc from where.

You're right, of course. But they're in our backyard. So Miami should land guys like them year in, year out. I know we haven't lately. But we should.

Meanwhile, getting OOS #1s is like landing Arthur Brown or Dj Williams or Seantrel Henderson. It doesn't guarantee success. But it puts everyone on notice.

You're right, of course. But they're in our backyard. So Miami should land guys like them year in, year out. I know we haven't lately. But we should.

Meanwhile, getting OOS #1s is like landing Arthur Brown or Dj Williams or Seantrel Henderson. It doesn't guarantee success. But it puts everyone on notice.
The point isn’t that he may not stick if he committed, but rather what a commitment from the #1 CB in SEC country does to bolstering Miami’s Rep and Perception to Other Top Recruits!!! I would imagine that a Little jr commit wouldn’t be far behind. It would also help the other Top Targets on defense as well. Nothing but a Win-Win for Miami, and him sticking is really just the icing!

I get the expectations set because of a player being local.

But that shouldn't impact the level of "win" really. The talent is the talent.

And to keep it focused, would anybody here really say Rodgers is a bigger win than Leonard Taylor?

Rodgers could've been born on Alabama's campus for all I care lol, Taylor is the better prospect.

Driving through middle of nowhere one time I stopped at a gas station. Went in to pay as they didn’t have card machines at the pump.

Walked in and it was dirt floors and they had meat hanging from hooks right in the back of the store.

Super friendly bunch, though. Looked like family run.

When I was a young pup, my job required travel to lots of small cities in the US, so I had the "pleasure" of seeing Opelika Alabama (next door to Auburn), Mishawaka, Indiana (next door to South Bend), Anderson, South Carolina (next door to Clemson), etc etc. It was quite opening.

Advertisement
Quick update Miss St 247: https://247sports.com/Article/Khama...e-college-football-recruiting-2022-160488622/

As many people know, Rogers plays on the 7-v-7 team Louisiana Bootleggers. Many Mississippi State targets for the 2022 class such as Jordan Allen, Shazz Preston, and Jacoby Mathews also play on that team. Naturally, conversations have came up amongst the four about possibly playing college ball together, and Rogers says it is definitely a possibility.

“Those are all my guys. We talk about playing together at the same college all the time, and how dominant we think we could make a team,” Rogers stated. “The only two schools we’ve really discussed about doing that at are Mississippi State and Miami. Both of those schools show us all a bunch of love, and we all have great relationships with their coaches.”

The 4-star defensive back will be heavily recruited by big time colleges his whole recruitment. For now, he is just enjoying the process, and stated that he will most likely drop a top 5 in the summer now instead of February. Rogers also stated that he feels like Miami is coming after him the hardest right now, and that he would not mind going away from home if he finds the right fit. There is a long way to go in this one, and I expect Mississippi State to be heavily involved all the way until the end.

Quick update Miss St 247: https://247sports.com/Article/Khama...e-college-football-recruiting-2022-160488622/

As many people know, Rogers plays on the 7-v-7 team Louisiana Bootleggers. Many Mississippi State targets for the 2022 class such as Jordan Allen, Shazz Preston, and Jacoby Mathews also play on that team. Naturally, conversations have came up amongst the four about possibly playing college ball together, and Rogers says it is definitely a possibility.

“Those are all my guys. We talk about playing together at the same college all the time, and how dominant we think we could make a team,” Rogers stated. “The only two schools we’ve really discussed about doing that at are Mississippi State and Miami. Both of those schools show us all a bunch of love, and we all have great relationships with their coaches.”

The 4-star defensive back will be heavily recruited by big time colleges his whole recruitment. For now, he is just enjoying the process, and stated that he will most likely drop a top 5 in the summer now instead of February. Rogers also stated that he feels like Miami is coming after him the hardest right now, and that he would not mind going away from home if he finds the right fit. There is a long way to go in this one, and I expect Mississippi State to be heavily involved all the way until the end.

Bring me all 4!!!

Advertisement
I really doubt Miss St will be our competition in the end.
They won’t be, their CB’s coach is Darcel McBath, he’s a Texas guy, he has no bite down in Mississippi.

Our biggest comp will be Ole Miss, LSU (if they take 3 CB’s), Auburn, UGA & possibly UF.

It’s really early & he’s high on us because we’re heavy in contact with him, but it’s still 10 months before he signs a LOI, which means they’ll have plenty of time to catch up.

I remember when Daran Branch committed to us for most of the year, then as soon as Oct/Nov came around the SEC came knocking & he decommitted as expected.

Not saying that’s going to happen with Rogers, just saying, when you recruit high ranked kids from deep in SEC country an early commitment is as good as Monopoly money. Once the SEC applies pressure late in the year, those types usually switch up a month or two before ENSD.

Basically, even if we get a commit from this kid don’t count him in the class until he signs on the dotted line.

there’s nothing wrong with Al blades level recruits. But Those are the type of guys Bama /OSU stash for a 3 semesters then they become starters after development in the strength and weight program. Little is a stud but he’d be better off imo, getting some good weight and playing when ready. Unlike blades who came in 2018 as the 3rd best corner when at a elite program he probably doesn’t sniff a role until year 2 maybe 3. And tbh probably lost a lil confidence That’s what the elites do. We have to get back to that. That starts with stacking chips.
Honestly Blades prolly never sees the field at OSU cause the younger guys will be five stars. Guys like that either transfer at those places or injuries get them on the field. Just being honest about it

Advertisement
Honestly Blades prolly never sees the field at OSU cause the younger guys will be five stars. Guys like that either transfer at those places or injuries get them on the field. Just being honest about it
Honest question - did you watch Shaun Wade play football the last 3 years? Blades' peak play is far above anything turnstile Wade has done.

Not only that their safety Hooker (overdrafted Malik's brother) was atrocious last season.

Let's not mythologize fake "DB U". They put trash on the field same as pretty much any other school. Watch the Indiana game in particular. Only Bama has consistently great DB play and even they get torched every now and then.

Miami needs safeties that can run better than 4.8 and corners that aren't a total liability downfield in man-free coverage. That would be a fine start.

Honest question - did you watch Shaun Wade play football the last 3 years? Blades' peak play is far above anything turnstile Wade has done.

Not only that their safety Hooker (overdrafted Malik's brother) was atrocious last season.

Let's not mythologize fake "DB U". They put trash on the field same as pretty much any other school. Watch the Indiana game in particular. Only Bama has consistently great DB play and even they get torched every now and then.

Miami needs safeties that can run better than 4.8 and corners that aren't a total liability downfield in man-free coverage. That would be a fine start.
I know Eli Apple is straight garbage I think alot of those schools like bama and osu....though they get talent their front sevens make those back ends look better than what they actually are. I'm just saying it can be possible to be over looked at bama or OSU cause they stack elite talent yearly and yea some don't work out.

I think more bump will create more turnovers next season. Just the disruption of timing will make some of the db play look better.

They won’t be, their CB’s coach is Darcel McBath, he’s a Texas guy, he has no bite down in Mississippi.

Our biggest comp will be Ole Miss, LSU (if they take 3 CB’s), Auburn, UGA & possibly UF.

It’s really early & he’s high on us because we’re heavy in contact with him, but it’s still 10 months before he signs a LOI, which means they’ll have plenty of time to catch up.

I remember when Daran Branch committed to us for most of the year, then as soon as Oct/Nov came around the SEC came knocking & he decommitted as expected.

Not saying that’s going to happen with Rogers, just saying, when you recruit high ranked kids from deep in SEC country an early commitment is as good as Monopoly money. Once the SEC applies pressure late in the year, those types usually switch up a month or two before ENSD.

Basically, even if we get a commit from this kid don’t count him in the class until he signs on the dotted line.

hear you 100%...but devils advocate if I may?

TRob and DVD weren’t on branch...things done changed as the great C Wallace would say?

hear you 100%...but devils advocate if I may?

TRob and DVD weren’t on branch...things done changed as the great C Wallace would say?
That’s fair a point, but crootin is still crootin.

One thing that don’t change is when the SEC wants one of their own to stay home, they have a very per$uasive way of convincing kids in their own backyard to stay home.

I think things have changed in terms of us being able to recruit local South FL CB’s which we’ve struggled mightily doing for the last 5 years, but it still remains to be seen if things have changed so much that we can go deep in the heart of SEC country at a place like Mississippi & snatch up a borderline 5-star Corner...

We shall see.

Advertisement
Back