UM offers 2022 #1 CB Khamauri Rogers (COMMITS!)

Not worried about size or getting coached up, my odd concern with him is adapting to Miami. We historically do not do great with some of the kids from the country. I think D$ had a post on it last year where he broke down a lot of our rural southeastern US players and def more bust than hit rate.
I think most of those players from the sticks who don't adjust & transfer out were kids stuck on the bench mostly, Khamauri would get heavy PT day 1 here.

Advertisement
he already committed... yeah yeah yeah, it was a silent and not public. whatever. will he end up in this class on signing day, I am 99.9% confident but with a slight hesitation. I am not 100% right now. there is a method to manny's madness now about publicly committing. I spoke with Khamauri at the cookout and have no reason to not believe he is all miami. Garcia is recruiting him very hard. I always have a slight hesitation with kids from miss.

He'll be 180-185 in no time, not worried about it, but its gonna be nice having someone whose technically proficient day 1 which will be a necessity considering TS will be 1 and done after this season.
This. Feeley and company have proven they will put the weight on guys and people still keep talking weight of some of HS kids lol All they need to see is the before and after of JP and Zion.

An Adoree Jackson type should be a home run for us. Let’s hope Rogers can come here, win the Thorpe & then go collect a 40 mil contract in the pro’s lol!
That’s probably his floor right? Don’t wanna make unreasonable comps to an out of state kid that ain’t even committed yet

Advertisement
He has a very slight build and finesse playstyle. Best-case scenario he turns into an Adoree Jackson type. 247 has him CB14 which is probably fair.

Speed has been a bigger priority at corner recently. Bama and Georgia like bigger-framed corners with more press potential.

Thanks for the reasonable response.

I really haven't followed his recruitment between the start of this thread until just this past week.

You see #1 corner and you automatically know all the big fish will be fighting for him and truth be told, I threw in the towel at that point.

The event happens and it looks promising and I though, wait, the competition for this kid is Ole Miss and Tennessee? That doesn't make sense. Check rankings, he's dropped some in two years, #6 is no joke either, but where are the big fish?

So I was just wondering what's up with that. I trust our DB coach, his track record speaks volumes. It's just odd competition for him at this point.

Size is ideal but if a player can play he can play. Pretty sure Greedy Williams was like 6’2” 175 at LSU. That ain’t thicc.

Typical CIS. We are at the finish line **** near with a top CB prospect nationally and now its time to break him down and talk ourselves out of wanting him. LOL. Smh. Now we bring up his size like a 5'11 170lb corner is too small as a HS senior???? Didnt we learn ANYTHING from Asante Samuel Jr's recruitment??

1) Yes Khaumari is a small corner. Welcome to the 21st century. Fill your team with CBs his size and WRs that are 5-10 180 like y’all want and you won’t win a lot of games.

2) I don’t care that Khaumari is on the smaller side because he’s got long arms and as @HighSeas pointed out he’s fast and athletic which would make up for his lack of size.

3) For every Asante Samuel, there’s a plethora of CBs of that size that are walking trash bins and Asante himself was a trash bin himself when he went against bigger WRs.

Advertisement
1) Yes Khaumari is a small corner. Welcome to the 21st century. Fill your team with CBs his size and WRs that are 5-10 180 like y’all want and you won’t win a lot of games.

2) I don’t care that Khaumari is on the smaller side because he’s got long arms and as @HighSeas pointed out he’s fast and athletic which would make up for his lack of size.

3) For every Asante Samuel, there’s a plethora of CBs of that size that are walking trash bins and Asante himself was a trash bin himself when he went against bigger WRs.
Asante Samuel Jr went in the 2nd round of the NFL draft. Ask yourself if you would have predicted that when he came out of HS.. My only point is that size isnt always the main factor in determining if a CB can play..Many posters talked themselves out of Samuel Jr and we all knew he was a dawg. I wont make that mistake again.

Everyone wants a 6'2 200lb CB with 4.34 speed like Patrick Surtain Jr..They dont grow on trees either and thats why he was the #11 pick in the draft.

Asante Samuel Jr went in the 2nd round of the NFL draft. Ask yourself if you would have predicted that when he came out of HS.. My only point is that size isnt always the main factor in determining if a CB can play..Many posters talked themselves out of Samuel Jr and we all knew he was a dawg. I wont make that mistake again.

Everyone wants a 6'2 200lb CB with 4.34 speed like Patrick Surtain Jr..They dont grow on trees either and thats why he was the #11 pick in the draft.
And for every Asante there’s thousands of JAGS. Just because you found the needle in the haystack doesn’t mean you’re going to find every needle.

This. Feeley and company have proven they will put the weight on guys and people still keep talking weight of some of HS kids lol All they need to see is the before and after of JP and Zion.
You can't just put on weight out of thin air. I was one of the people who believed Zion had an NFL frame. Rogers has an extremely thin lower half.

The point isn't to tear him down and say he sucks. The point is his lack of size explains why certain schools aren't interested and he's falling on 247 ranks. It's not that you can't be good at that size it's moreso that it limits your options for scheme and skillset. He's more of an off-man, press-bail and zone corner.

Athleticism and length is not an issue for him. He's not short with short arms and average-ish traits like the Samuel types - I didn't like Samuel and imo he's just a zone corner. He's just not gonna be a physical presence pressing at the line or in run support (but he can still get the job done as a cut tackler like you see in his highlights). If he signs with Miami it's up to the coaches to develop him. As I said his ceiling is an Adoree Jackson type.

Advertisement
It's sad that the same people who loved T-Rob for a decade and dreamed of having him here added on with DVD upside looks at their evaluation of a top 100 CB who they love and now when it's about time for him to commit the flaws are coming out of the woodwork

You have to understand, these people are absolutely ******* retarded and know literally zero.

Advertisement
kid is plenty big for High School, the people on this site are just stupid tbh... He will add at least 20lbs in college which would put him at 190-200lbs and 5'11".. That's NFL size all day so people need to just shut up and appreciate the fact we are now in position to land this young buck.

It's sad that the same people who loved T-Rob for a decade and dreamed of having him here added on with DVD upside looks at their evaluation of a top 100 CB who they love and now when it's about time for him to commit the flaws are coming out of the woodwork
because a few years back everyone on this board though horn would be the first cb taken in this year's draft.

because a few years back everyone on this board though horn would be the first cb taken in this year's draft.

Advertisement
Back