UM “academy” thought

Cane44

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Just thinking of all our incoming FR that havent got to campus, and at certain positions we’re hoping theyre gonna be ready to hit the ground running. Would it be legal with the ncaa for UM to invest and create a “academy” like company that trains, feeds, supplements, playbook work, film room work, etc.... for all the kids local that arent EE’s? We always hear summer/fall enrollees saying they got sent a workout and a playbook. But whats to stop us from having an official pre-enrollment academy??? Theyve already signed loi so kids couldnt use us and dump us.

Advertisement
Everyone sorta does that already, just not as in depth as you stated.

NCAA would not allow the academy to be funded by the school. (assuming that’s what you meant)

I've always wondered if Miami could to do something similar to what LSU does with its on campus Lab School (https://www.uhigh.lsu.edu/).

It gives lots of kids with promise, but often without resources or opportunities, a real chance. It also allows LSU to bring in promising athletes, from a young age, and basically rear them on campus.

I've always wondered if Miami could to do something similar to what LSU does with its on campus Lab School (https://www.uhigh.lsu.edu/).

It gives lots of kids with promise, but often without resources or opportunities, a real chance. It also allows LSU to bring in promising athletes, from a young age, and basically rear them on campus.

Miami does have an on campus Lab School. Henry West Lab. I went there for kindergarten and 1st grade. But its only an elementary school though. Not K-12. So it doesn't really factor in when it comes to athletics.

NCAA be like
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Just dont think its a hard concept for boosters to create.
Agree, tutorial services for academics and SAT study. How many times do we see kids with monster talent but lack the academics for UM and college in general. It’s not just Athletics but all modalities of study. Funded as a public service and open to all. Could be a windfall for the university. Just sayin’

Advertisement
Back