UFC 238

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
image.jpeg

We got two title fights & a #1 contender match for tonight's card.

Valentina Shevchenko vs Jessica Eye for the 125lbs Flyweight championship.

Bullet Shevchenko coming off her dominating performance vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk to win the 125lbs belt is back for his first title defense vs Eye. They both come from a strong stand up background as former Muay Thai fighters & both are known striking ability, but Shevchenko is just another level. Simply put, I got Bullet winning with ease, Eye has struggled vs every legit fighter she's gon up against (Tate, Pena, Correia etc), I don't see her being able to handle Shevchenko.

Henry Cejudo vs Marlon Moraes for the 135lbs Bantamweight title.

"Gold Medal" Cejudo is hot coming off a 3 fight win streak that includes a 1st round KO vs EPO Dillashaw in his last fight, beating & sending Mighty Mouse Johnson to a whole different company in ONE & beating Sergio Pettis 2 years ago. Moraes coming off a 4 fight win streak with W's vs Assuncao, Rivera & Aljamain Sterling.

Cejudo is moving up to 135lbs for his first fight at Bantamweight in 5 years. Moraes's last 3 fights have all been swift finishes with 2 KO's & submit vs 3 very talented fighters. This fight is a wildcard imo, Cejudo has been pretty dominant at 125lbs only losing to Benavidez & DJ, but Moraes is bigger than Cejudo & has the reach advantage. I'm going with Cejudo for the win, but I honestly won't be shocked one bit if Moraes beats him.

Even though it's an undercard, this will definitely be the fight of the night with the return of Tony Ferguson vs Cowbow Donald Cerrone.

El Cucuy hasn't lost a fight in 6 years with big time finishes vs Anthony Pettis, Kevin Lee, Dos Anjos, Vannata, Barboza & Josh Thomson along the way. The 10th planet Black Belt is a BJJ master with deadly grappling skills & can strike with the best of them. Cowboy Cerrone has been on a great hot streak with thrilling performances vs Iaquinta, Hernandez & Mike Perry, the long time veteran is the all-time leader in Wins in UFC history & has been on absolute fire lately.

This #1 contender match will get the winner of Khabib vs Poirier for the undisputed 155lbs champion. Cowboy's story & comeback after what was looking like his career was coming to an end with 3 bad L's vs Masvidal, Lawler & Till has been great to watch & with El Cucuy being off for a whole year dealing with health issues makes you think Cowboy could definitely take this one. But, Idk, I love what Cowboy's been doing as of late & have been rooting for him, but I don't think I can pick against Ferguson. Ferguson is arguably the best in the 155lbs weight class outside of Khabib & if he's back healthy I gotta go with him to get W, but this will be a great fight.

Who ya got?

Advertisement
Nice breakdown. I have Marlon winning by TKO against Cejudo. I think El Cucuy beats Cerrone as well; should be a great fight. I also agree Valentina easily beats Eye. Valentina is probably the most technically sound fighter in women's MMA.

Great card. Cejudo is a star and if he uses his wrestling to grind Maroes down, he will win. But I think he's going to try to show off his striking. Maroes is explosive and dangerous with hands, feet and knees.

Advertisement
I forgot that they were fighting, I'll have to check it out.

That dude fought like @Dr.L.ThugU trying to hit my fastball and curveball.. I K'd Thug 3 times in 1 game when I was 15, he was 17.. Big east coast baseball tournament... I didn't know it was Thug until a few years ago, that game was played 25 years ago... Rolls had no business in the ring with him..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ferguson is the most dangerous in 155lbs division, his high level striking makes the potential Khabib fight one for the ages.

Much respect & props to Cowboy Cerrone, but there was no way he was getting past a fully healthy Ferguson.

Advertisement
Hate to see it end like that. Hopefully they don’t use that as an excuse to keep tony away from khabib.

Khabib **** when he get you down and just lay on you until you tire out.
Khabibi is arguably the best P4P fighter in the UFC, he's literally never lost a round in his entire career.

Nobody in the business has better ground game than him & that Dagestani Sambo style is just pure chaos to keep up with if you don't know how to exchange & trade shots.

That's what makes the Khabib vs Ferguson fight so intriguing, because Cucuy can stand up & strike at an elite level, so it would force Khabib to have to do more than just charging in & wrestling.

Advertisement
Back