UF OC Jimmies Were Rustled!

stat1124

Hurricane FlashForwards
Looks like the OC got a lil defensive when the media asked him if he dumb down his offense to not give us any clues about how to gameplan against them. If you listen to his presser...he rants on for another 3 to 4 minutes that weren't captured in the article. Interesting.

Gator Offensive Coordinator Brent Pease dismisses “vanilla” tag for Florida; discusses Jones, Showers, freshmen receivers

Posted by Adam Silverstein | Posted in Football | September 3, 2013

Florida Gators offensive coordinator Brent Pease met with the media on Tuesday ahead of the second game of the season against the Miami Hurricanes on Sept. 7.

”I DON’T KNOW WHAT ‘VANILLA’ IS

Asked Tuesday if the Gators purposely held back on offense in order to not put some of their new plays and vertical passing game on tape – or if Florida was simply the same old offense that could not do much other than run the ball – Pease appeared to be a bit offended by the implication that the Gators’ offense was vanilla and not creative. He responded with the following (extremely long) rant.

“First off, I don’t know what ‘vanilla’ – because I’ve heard the word ‘vanilla’ – I don’t know what ‘vanilla’ is. I’ve never made a game plan with vanilla and that’s never what I would go into a game plan with. I would feel too uncomfortable thinking we got to save all this, we got to save all that...

“I look at it, compared to what we did last year… We controlled the ball for 40 minutes, finished the game with the last 6:38 on the clock. We rushed for 262 [yards]; we passed for 77 percent...

“We threw the ball down field seven times. Coverage takes some things away. Do you ask a quarterback not into coverage deep? Yeah, you do. We hit Trey Burton on two, we had two check downs, we got a protection issue on one. We’re stretching the field. We can stretch the field if we want to stretch the field. Did we have to stretch the field at a certain part in time? No. Did we have it in the game plan to do it? Yes. I’m not sure what everybody wants. …

“We didn’t have a vanilla game plan. You saw reverses. I can’t handle what the refs don’t see but yet they call and it keeps us out of the end zone. …

He later added:

“Do I want to see 300 passing yards? Absolutely. Is that going to be a reality? I don’t know. I don’t measure success totally on that. We completed 77 percent yet we have two drops, two tips and a pass that he probably should’ve hit on the end zone but he overthrew it and it got away from him. That’s what I see. The kid’s making good decisions. He’s managing the game. … He’s productive with his hands running it. He’s putting us in the right plays in the run game. That’s what I look at. Are we having a chance to win the game? Yeah, explosiveness, but I’m not measuring it on yards. That’s called you trying to get your guru card. Maybe when I was 30 years old, but I’m not 30 years old anymore.”

His Presser: http://www.gatorvision.tv/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6500

Last edited:
Advertisement
This article makes me feel a little better for some reason.

Joker. He's got jokes. What's vanilla? LOL Funny guy

Advertisement
lol... whats vanilla? i never heard of that before.

I guess he missed it on the spring practice report on say... every team in the ncaa and every warmup game...

Nice. I love it. Everybody is tired of the SEC - Sacrfice Entertainment Crap...!!!

People want explosiveness, but that's not what they play over there.

I hope we stuff their asses and Driskel throws for like 50 yards...

Lets see!

Looks like they have a top notch OC. Doesn't know what vanilla is, GTFOH.

we should order a bucket of Vanila to his hotel room via room service. Get him all ****ed so he makes Driskell throw more than he should and we get some picks!

Advertisement
Maybe that is really why the AD called for the White Out --- it is all about the Vanilla

we should order a bucket of Vanila to his hotel room via room service. Get him all ****ed so he makes Driskell throw more than he should and we get some picks!

EP you set it up and and ill pay for it. No ****, that's ****ing hilarious!

lol lets do this! can someone tell us what Hotel room they are staying at?

Advertisement
Our defense will be all over that, like we Hot Fudge!

86.jpg

Advertisement
I love how he says he isnt trying to be a GURU by scoring lots of points and actually having a watchable offense. Say What?!?

Advertisement
Back