Tyree St Louis Solid but will take visits

http://miami.scout.com/story/1474026-st-louis-plans-on-taking-all-five-officials

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy offensive tackle, Tyree St. Louis, is expected to ink with Al Golden and Miami in February, but will reassure his decision by taking all five of his official visits prior to making it official.

Tipping the scales at nearly 6-foot-6, 295-pounds, Tyree St. Louis has been a staple at left tackle with an intriguing set of tools for head coach Chris Weinke and the Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy Ascenders.
St. Louis, who has surrounded himself with a near handful of fellow Division I prospects in the trenches, has witnessed his craft soar to new heights since transferring in from Tampa (Fla.) Tampa Bay Technical following his sophomore campaign.
"I'm mentally better, physically better and everything," St. Louis said. "Being mainly here, I know I'll be more experienced with the college lifestyle when I go to college down in Miami. I'm hopefully getting back down there this weekend for the game vs. North Carolina."
Labeled as the nation's No. 42 offensive tackle on Scout.com with additional offers from Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, USC, Nebraska, Mississippi State and South Carolina among others, St. Louis is anxiously awaiting to receive a top-notch education once he hits the scene in Coral Gables next year.
"It will be very good to finally be able to get to college and start doing college work," St. Louis said.
The three-star prospect has yet to schedule his official visit with Al Golden's program out of the ACC, but does have a slight idea of when he wants to knock it out.
"No, not yet," St. Louis said. "I do plan on taking my official visit very soon after the season."
One thing is for certain, the offensive lineman has yet to erase the thought of hitting the road and officially visiting additional suitors prior to signing in February. The majority of student-athletes go through the recruiting process just once, and have the opportunity to mingle with and absorb knowledge from some of the nation's elite coaches that they've idolized since their childhood.
"I don't know any other schools that I will be looking at right now," St. Louis said. "My top schools right now are still being looked at by my family and I. I plan to take all five official visits to my schools.
"I'm pretty settled in at Miami, it's just that I'm going to enjoy my recruitment for a while, explore all my offers and take my visits before I make my decision in February."

Advertisement
Agree, Dmoney. We cannot lose this kid. Looks the part, plays the part, and has a mean streak like Gadbois. He wont be one of those projects like Sonny. He will take over for KC when leaves.

I have watched him live and on highlights. Kid could start as a freshman easily. he technique is flawless as a pass protector and he can be a mauler as a run blocker. he seems to really be in love with great academics with being close to home as well as having some familiar faces like patchan and fines be there with him. he is a steal for us and he came out of nowhere when he committed.

Advertisement
People talk about this class is bad but I am not seeing that. Is it small so far? Yes, but to say there are not some potential studs in this class is just letting everyone know you dont know much about recruiting. This kid is a pure example.

People talk about this class is bad but I am not seeing that. Is it small so far? Yes, but to say there are not some potential studs in this class is just letting everyone know you dont know much about recruiting. This kid is a pure example.

The offense is fine. 2 upper tier OTs, 3 outstanding RBs, a perfect "project" QB, and fine at WR (though I'm disappointed at WR).

Defense is another story. We desperately need DTs and LBs and, as usual, we seem to be struggling. DB in SFla is loaded and even though I love Jaquan, the rest of the class isn't knocking anyone's socks off to this point.

The offense is fine. 2 upper tier OTs, 3 outstanding RBs, a perfect "project" QB, and fine at WR (though I'm disappointed at WR).

Defense is another story. We desperately need DTs and LBs and, as usual, we seem to be struggling. DB in SFla is loaded and even though I love Jaquan, the rest of the class isn't knocking anyone's socks off to this point.

I agree with your assessment of the DB position. I have a feeling that we are going to get left at the alter waiting for Carlton and Davante Davis who both, as of this point, seem to have very little interest in us. I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, there are no blue chip DTs in So Fla this year. I think Al is going to get creative here. Go the JUCO route again. **** why not? Kstate has built their entire program around going JUCO..We should do the same for the DT position. If we are going to play this scheme, we need to come to the realization that very few elite DTs in HS will want to play in it. Thank God everyday for Courtel Jenkins.

LB no excuses there. Seems like we are going to strike out unless we offer some of the kids that have been mentioned on here as being "too small" for the staffs sake. (Roderick Archer comes to mind)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back