Tyler Van Dyke [Old Bumped Thread]

Advertisement
He has to win the competition. I'm not optimistic. I think it's far more likely that Williams and Kosi are again 1A and 1B in the competition. I know guys hope that's not the case but if everyone here had to put money on it, i seriously doubt that the majority would bet on TVD or Matocha. I'm not aware that they are even the kind of quarterback talents to expect such a thing.
Come get your Crow Pie.....

Advertisement
He is Derek Shaw. I wish I was kidding.
Awkward Aaron Paul GIF by Breaking Bad

Advertisement
have seen him play in person this season.

he's the real deal. will be the most talented kid in the QB room the day he sets foot on UM campus.

whether he will be ready to start day 1, remains to be seen, but it's there for him to take it.

similar to the trevor Lawrence situation at Clemson, he may not be ready to be the full time starter when the season opens, but I do expect him to be the starter by the time the season ends.
If you call out the dudes who got it wrong, give props to those that has it right like my nikka Red right here.

have seen him play in person this season.

he's the real deal. will be the most talented kid in the QB room the day he sets foot on UM campus.

whether he will be ready to start day 1, remains to be seen, but it's there for him to take it.

similar to the trevor Lawrence situation at Clemson, he may not be ready to be the full time starter when the season opens, but I do expect him to be the starter by the time the season ends.

If you call out the dudes who got it wrong, give props to those that has it right like my nikka Red right here.
happy this aged well :D:stormwarningflag-sm::encouragement:

looked back on my TVD post from last year's spring game. it's been an interesting 12 months....

happy this aged well :D:stormwarningflag-sm::encouragement:
We’ll done, you nailed it. I’m happy to admit I was (and am for every prospect) in the wait-and-see camp. I’ll just point out that somebody says this about every QB we get. With all that noise, it’s hard to take anybody seriously, it just looks like throwing sh*t at the wall to see what sticks.

Advertisement
By all accounts he’s going to have an all around better offensive personnel then last year and still people don’t believe in him? Lol.

Advertisement
I like to man up on things, even if I didn’t specifically reply in a post/thread.

We saw TVD w/ some limited action as a True Frosh & he looked completely lost. I was not sold on him, at all. Nor was I sold on him against UVA or UNC. I think @DMoney made a post about him as well.

I don’t think one person was sold on him. Then, something happened w/ Lashlee; he took the training wheels off & just let him play ball. The thinking aspect went to an instinct aspect. From NCSt til present, he became thee man. Granted, he didn’t play especially well against FSU, either. If u recall, he was struggling mightily until the latter part of the game, but 4 of his last 6 games, he looked outstanding.

Looking fwd to seeing this young man take the next step. My only caution, & this is w/ any QB who starts off hot early, is now there’s a full season of footage to dissect. I rewatched a lot of his games & he got away w/ some throws that should’ve been int’d if the defender was playing the ball & not the WR. However, based upon practice reports, he appears to be even more comfortable. The QB room appears to be the most stable out of all the rooms, & let’s not discount a healthy King allowing TVD to sit a yr vs. being thrown to the wolves.

Last edited:
I like to man up on things, even if I didn’t specifically reply in a post/thread.

We saw TVD w/ some limited action as a True Frosh & he looked completely lost. I was not sold on him, at all. Nor was I sold on him against UVA or UNC. I think @DMoney made a post about him as well.

I don’t think one person was sold on him. Then, something happened w/ Lashlee; he took the training wheels off & just let him play ball. The thinking aspect went to an instinct aspect. From NCSt til present, he became thee man. Granted, he didn’t play especially well against FSU, either. If u recall, he was struggling mightily until the latter part of the game, but 4 of his last 6 games, he looked outstanding.

Looking fwd to see this young man take the next step. My only caution, & this is w/ any QB who starts off hot early, is now there’s a full season of footage to dissect. I rewatched a lot of his games & he got away w/ some throws that should’ve been int’d if the defender was playing the ball & not the WR. However, based upon practice reports, he appears to be even more comfortable. The QB room appears to be the most stable out of all the rooms, & let’s not discount a healthy King allowing TVD to sit a yr vs. being thrown to the wolves.
Rambo definitely helped TVD as much or more so than maybe even Lashlee did

It was like a switch flipped when he realized he could just Chuck it up to Rambo and he would make a play. It’s why I’ve been cautiously optimistic about that “next step”

Great QBs make everyone around them better. He didn’t really have to do that last year and it’s not really fair to expect that much of him so soon, but that’s that next level stuff for sure

He’s definitely capable though. He’s got it between the ears

Rambo definitely helped TVD as much or more so than maybe even Lashlee did

It was like a switch flipped when he realized he could just Chuck it up to Rambo and he would make a play. It’s why I’ve been cautiously optimistic about that “next step”

Great QBs make everyone around them better. He didn’t really have to do that last year and it’s not really fair to expect that much of him so soon, but that’s that next level stuff for sure

He’s definitely capable though. He’s got it between the ears

I think it was the UNC game that Rambo was ****ed that he wasn’t getting the rock. Rambo was pretty pedestrian up until that game, sans the MSU game. It was the NCSt game that paired TVD w/ Rambo (after UNC), that both of them put up outstanding #’s.

Matter of fact, if the math is correct, in TVD’s 6 game stretch of going over 300 yards:
-34% of those yards (2,194)
-20% of those TDs (20)
-28% of the completions (157)
ALL came by way of Rambo!!

That’s a crazy user rate: So basically 1 in 3 of his yards, 1 in 5 of his TDs, & 1 in 3.5 of his completions all came by way of Rambo. Crazy connection.

I think it was the UNC game that Rambo was ****ed that he wasn’t getting the rock. Rambo was pretty pedestrian up until that game, sans the MSU game. It was the NCSt game that paired TVD w/ Rambo (after UNC), that both of them put up outstanding #’s.

Matter of fact, if the math is correct, in TVD’s 6 game stretch of going over 300 yards:
-34% of those yards (2,194)
-20% of those TDs (20)
-28% of the completions (157)
ALL came by way of Rambo!!

That’s a crazy user rate: So basically 1 in 3 of his yards, 1 in 5 of his TDs, & 1 in 3.5 of his completions all came by way of Rambo. Crazy connection.
That is wild….and certainly not taking anything away from what TVD did

I think what happened with it we will never fully understand

We just gotta appreciate it lol

Advertisement
Back