Tyler Van Dyke [Old Bumped Thread]

joeyhh

Recruit
Did anybody see him play in person this year? Thoughts

Does Suffield play any competition up there in CT?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The kid has the talent and the mental aspect we are desperately missing in the QB room. You are acting like the current QBs are good.
Yeah but literally the past 3-4 years we deem the new guy to be better than the previous.... Kosi... Williams... Tate.... TVD lol then when they don’t live up to expectations they suck... i agree with Brock let’s treat him how we did PM last year let him come in and learn and see what he has hopefully this szn and then 2021 it’s up in the air.

I know some agree with this take but i think PM could be that dude or I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up being QB1 i like his game a lot and can’t wait to see how he looks in the spring under Lashlee.

Advertisement
The kid has the talent and the mental aspect we are desperately missing in the QB room. You are acting like the current QBs are good.
We thought Jarren had the mental aspect that we were missing before he arrived at Miami and that turned out to be far from the truth. For me it’s just no need to put these unrealistic expectations on the kid so when he doesn’t pick up on things as fast as you want him to people will bash him as they do the other qbs

First it was 3 years ago Kosi was da gaw and would easily unseat rosier

Two years ago, Jarren was was mentally superior and had the accuracy of a laser and would unseat everyone

Last season it was 5’9 Tate flying in from the heavens, because Urban wanted him and because he went undefeated in HS

Now TVD is the savior!

Stop putting unrealistic expectations on this kid. We deemed Perry and Williams as the same their first year before they got to miami

They may have been good to go when they arrived - but they got some crap coaching - and now they even question themselves.

Most kids are familiar with spread offenses - so it's likely that TVD or even our existing QB's can master this new offense. Quick reads, quick throws or runs, and let the Devil take the rest.

What I'm saying is that DVD doesn't have to be DEPROGRAMMED from bad coaching and bad experiences from crap offenses they previously had to learn.

Advertisement
Did anybody see him play in person this year? Thoughts

Does Suffield play any competition up there in CT?

have seen him play in person this season.

he's the real deal. will be the most talented kid in the QB room the day he sets foot on UM campus.

whether he will be ready to start day 1, remains to be seen, but it's there for him to take it.

similar to the trevor Lawrence situation at Clemson, he may not be ready to be the full time starter when the season opens, but I do expect him to be the starter by the time the season ends.

Advertisement
Stop putting unrealistic expectations on this kid. We deemed Perry and Williams as the same their first year before they got to miami

not true.

we knew form the jump that both those kids were dumb as a box of rocks.

that being said, i do agree we need to be cautious about pressure and expectations.

I agree on the wait and see attitude with TVD - he’s coming in as an EE but will need to demonstrate In practice during the Spring and the Fall he’s the real deal before he starts. We have no idea how his talents will translate to the football field in college. Don’t get me wrong, the kid has an abundance of talent, it’s just we haven’t seen him do anything yet. With that said, depending on who transfers out given the now crowded QB room will determine somewhat who starts. By that I mean - if JDub is still here and has shaken off the coaching cobwebs he picked up under Enos he could well be our starting QB. So I’d rather wait and see who’s around come Spring ball.

Advertisement
Back